Still no swap program for Airmap 500

Old August 9th 03, 11:10 PM
David Reinhart

Default Still no swap program for Airmap 500

I waited until Oshkosh was over to call Lowrance back about getting a
credit for my dead Airmap on a new Airmap 500, like they have for the
100. There is still no program in place for the 500 and the support
person wouldn't say when. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Dave Reinhart

Old August 10th 03, 02:43 AM
Jay Honeck

I waited until Oshkosh was over to call Lowrance back about getting a
credit for my dead Airmap on a new Airmap 500, like they have for the
100. There is still no program in place for the 500 and the support
person wouldn't say when. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Heck, if you can stall for another month, *supposedly* Lowrance will be
releasing the much larger Airmap 1000 next month. Maybe they'll give you a
credit toward THAT baby? (I say "supposedly" because they have "supposedly"
been "about to release" a color aviation GPS since 1999.)

I couldn't wait any more, and opted for the stunning color AvMap
(See http://aviation.c-map.com/ProductInfo/AVMAP/ekp3c.asp ).

Check it out -- it's simply amazing.
--
Jay Honeck