How to Stunt Circle a Barn.

Old March 15th 04, 01:08 PM

Default How to Stunt Circle a Barn.

A basic rule for the exclusion of turning, even while crop dusting, at
a low altitude is the disorientation effect. Causing a lowering of
the altitude by confusion, and a likely wing tip crash. Very deadly
affair.

So, the idea of practicing the low altitude turn is a real stunt
flight idea.

Here is the real method of allowing the student to practice after an
introduction.

Approach the barn from corn height.
Set the altimeter.
Initiate the turn at about the right angle of bank.
Stare at the rate indicator and the altiemter to ensure only an upward
deflection.
Stare at the space from the barn to circle.
*****And always bailout of the stunt, for any seen downward rate
indicator deflection**********

A bailout is immediate pulling upward and wings leveling gain of
altitude.

A combination of IFR and VFR stunt.

A wind of maybe 10 knots is my limit. And altitudes of 10 feet are
possible on the rate indicator!!!!!! Believe it or not!!!!

Except this is how movie stunt pilots get killed. A low level biplane
flight with proper tree and barn circling is beautiful to watch, but
extremely dangerous.

I like to warn that it is like driving a car down the highway with
your face looking at the side of the road. All looking out of the
sides of the eyes to stay on the highway!!!

Mr. Tibet movie stunt pilot is the example I remember, so be carfeul
of having stunt coordination like a mafiaoso. Now I need a job.
100/hour is my rate.

Douglas Eagleson
Gaithersburg, MD USA
Old March 15th 04, 06:16 PM
Jim Fisher

wrote in message
A wind of maybe 10 knots is my limit. And altitudes of 10 feet are
possible on the rate indicator!!!!!! Believe it or not!!!!

I believe it, man! Why, I tried that at 11 knots one time and was
tragically killed in the ensuing fireball.

True story.

--
Jim Fisher

Old March 15th 04, 07:04 PM
John Gaquin

He's baaaa--aaaack!!!!

Old March 15th 04, 07:08 PM
John Harlow

So, the idea of practicing the low altitude turn is a real stunt
flight idea.

Check out these guys flying:

http://www.archive.org/movies/detail...ectionid=50517

Old March 15th 04, 08:29 PM
Cecil E. Chapman

A trolling we will go,,, a trolling we will go.....

last name EAGLEson.... yeah right, Mr. Troll

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL
Student-IASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -

Gaithersburg, MD USA

Old March 15th 04, 08:34 PM
Michael 182

Doug is a long time troll. Shows up from time to time with absurd stuff like
this.

Michael

. com...

Old March 15th 04, 10:30 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Jim Fisher" said:
wrote in message
A wind of maybe 10 knots is my limit. And altitudes of 10 feet are
possible on the rate indicator!!!!!! Believe it or not!!!!

I believe it, man! Why, I tried that at 11 knots one time and was
tragically killed in the ensuing fireball.

True story.

I tried it at 9 knots and died horribly as well. I guess I need lower
limits.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
In 1665 Isaac Newton became discouraged when he fell up a flight of
Old March 17th 04, 01:59 PM
Robert Moore

"John Gaquin" wrote
He's baaaa--aaaack!!!!

Yep! At least once-a-year. It's hard to believe that such a
person actually exists, but it seems that he really does exist.

Looking at his home page, (http://llef.tripod.com/eagleson) he
has removed a lot of his personal information that was there
a year or two ago, but his wife's "look at me!" stuff is still
there.

Would you believe that he really IS a pilot???? Hard, I know,
but have a look at this:

N-number : N10GS
Aircraft Serial Number : 15060587
Aircraft Manufacturer : CESSNA
Model : 150D
Engine Manufacturer : CONT MOTOR
Model : 0-200 SERIES
Aircraft Year : 1964
Owner Name : EAGLESON DOUGLAS M
Owner Address : 217 E DEER PARK DR
GAITHERSBURG, MD, 20877
Type of Owner : Individual
Registration Date : 02-Jun-1993
Airworthiness Certificate Type : Standard

He does not appear in the FAA's public pilot database.

We are not the only victims of Douglas' strange posts. Just one
of many posts from the following site:
http://mathforum.com/discuss/sci.math/m/474546/475786

Subject: When does zero exist?
Author: Douglas Eagleson
Date Posted: Jan 22 2003 12:00:34:000AM

Bob Pease wrote:
Doug's stuff is not written in anything resembling standard
English.
Also , he refuses to attempt to answer direct questions.
I don't think he knows what "An algebra" means..
What I get as a poorly expressed opinion , using soi-disant
definitions and
ideas that were put to rest in the sixteenth century, that any
mathematics that does not meet the computational needs of a
Hutterite Farmer in the 19th century is not only useless, but
marginally evil. I'm afraid I'll have to send him to Crank City.

PLONK!!!

RJ Pease

Sorry, the concepts delayed for resolution all were
delayed by the Knox recitation I replied to. The need to
justify the zero number as the symmetry of all functions
was the basis for the judgement of the theory's correctness.

And the reply is to simply say, that the mathematics
is able to be defined differently. And the differential was never
considered correctly in its impact on the numbers system
theory.

What is the impact? Another mathematics is more likely
correcter.

Douglas Eagleson
Gaithersburg, MD USA