slotted airfoil coordinates.

Old March 30th 10, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Fred the Red Shirt

Default slotted airfoil coordinates.

Is there an online (or other) source for coordinates, polars, etc
for slotted airfoils?

I checkout out the information on the Zenith airfoils at:
http://www.ae.illinois.edu/m-selig/a..._database.html

They are described as standard or modified NACA airfoils with
and there doesn't appear to be any information about the
slot.

--

FF
Old March 30th 10, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bob Kuykendall

On Mar 30, 11:45*am, Fred the Red Shirt
wrote:
Is there an online (or other) source for coordinates, polars, etc
for slotted airfoils?

Have you looked in Theory of Airfoils by Abbott and Doenhoff?
Old March 31st 10, 03:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

wrote:
Is there an online (or other) source for coordinates, polars, etc
for slotted airfoils?

Have you looked in Theory of Airfoils by Abbott and Doenhoff?

-----------------------new post-----------

I don't know if they had a second book out, in which case I would be
interested in a copy; but the book that I have of theirs is called:
"Theory of Wing Sections" and was published by Dover. AFAIK, the EAA
Bookstore carries it.

Peter

Old March 31st 10, 08:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Oliver Arend

Have a look at old NACA reports at http://ntrs.nasa.gov

Report 664 could be an interesting start.

Oliver
Old March 31st 10, 05:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bob Kuykendall

On Mar 30, 7:09*pm, "Peter Dohm" wrote:

I don't know if they had a second book out, in which case I would be
interested in a copy; but the book that I have of theirs is called:
"Theory of Wing Sections" and was published by Dover. *AFAIK, the EAA
Bookstore carries it.

Peter

Peter, you are correct about the title. I misremembered it.

Thanks, Bob K.