What airplane would you recommend for these specifications?

Old September 28th 12, 09:16 PM
Peri123 Peri123 is offline
Junior Member

Smile What airplane would you recommend for these specifications?

I am looking for a four seater, needs to have good gas milage, preferably goes faster than 200 mph, awesome if it goes more than 300! Preferably a more affordable choice, if possible. Quality engine, good handling, can do some aerobatics, etc...

Any recommendations?
Old September 29th 12, 08:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

Default Spectacular Airshow

Had to wade through Tiger ang Fox Moths to get to the rebuilt flying DH
98 Mosquito.
Impressive and to think 18-20 year olds with less hours than me that was
their ride
Old September 30th 12, 08:48 PM
Peri123 Peri123 is offline
Junior Member

Talking

THANK YOU! I started out wanting a Beechcraft Duchess 76, but people keep telling me that they are junk. I was hoping I could get some good recommendations.
Old October 2nd 12, 01:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

Default What airplane would you recommend for these specifications?

It seems to me the initial question had to be asked by a non-pilot.

The Bonanza was certified for some areobatics, but it is a slippery airplane and could get to red line pretty quickly going down hill.

I have an m20J, and lean its HO 360 to 9 gph and file at 160 kts. 100 octane low lead is getting expensive these days.

On Monday, October 1, 2012 4:13:51 PM UTC-4, Orval Fairbairn wrote:
In article ,

(Edward A. Falk) wrote:

In article ,

Orval Fairbairn wrote:

Aerobatic Bonanza.

Damn, now *I* want one. I had no idea there was such a thing.

How much fuel do they burn?

It is the aerobatic version of the F-33, IIRC -- made back in the late

70s/early 80s. It had the IO-520 Continental, so it should burn around

14-15 gph.

Old October 10th 12, 08:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn

On 10/4/2012 3:30 PM, a wrote:
How often does your stall warming sound when you're in the flare?

I can't tell you! At least in the old "Cezznas" I rent, the combination
of my ancient ears and my sound-canceling headset pretty much makes the
old penny-whistle stall alarm useless.

Old October 11th 12, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn

On 10/10/2012 6:32 PM, Dave Doe wrote:
What headset do you use?

The cheapest Lightspeed. I'm very happy with its clarity compared to my
old passive headset, not so happy with it's ruggedness, but it serves
this humble rental pilot.

Old November 24th 12, 05:52 PM
Fernando Fernando is offline
Junior Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
On 10/10/2012 6:32 PM, Dave Doe wrote:
What headset do you use?

The cheapest Lightspeed. I'm very happy with its clarity compared to my
old passive headset, not so happy with it's ruggedness, but it serves
this humble rental pilot.

I would suggest a Baron Beechcraft G 58

Aerotow Regulations and Rope Specifications Markus Graeber Soaring 21 May 21st 15 04:30 AM
Ok to recommend? Roger Opar Piloting 19 February 24th 05 01:00 AM
Jim Weir - aviation headset specifications Rick Pellicciotti Home Built 2 October 4th 04 07:34 PM
Connecting Rod Specifications Cambridge_Flyer Home Built 4 November 18th 03 12:54 PM
Huntair Pathfinder 2 specifications Nigel Hodgson General Aviation 1 October 16th 03 04:32 AM