KY-97A sidetone adjust

Old April 15th 07, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Noel

Default KY-97A sidetone adjust

Someone was mentioning that the sidetone might be externally adjustable
after pulling radios out of the tray. The sidetone on my 97A has always
been low compared to my SL30. Does anyone know specifically how to adjust
the sidetone for this radio?

I pulled it out of the tray and the only candidate I noticed was an
unlabeled white nylon screw on the bottom of the radio. There is also a
small round opening in the front plate on the left with what looks like blue
plastic behind it. It is also unlabeled.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

http://photoshow.comcast.net/mikenoel

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere,
diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies.

Old April 16th 07, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
JGalban via AviationKB.com

Mike Noel wrote:

I pulled it out of the tray and the only candidate I noticed was an
unlabeled white nylon screw on the bottom of the radio. There is also a
small round opening in the front plate on the left with what looks like blue
plastic behind it. It is also unlabeled.

There are two small holes in the front of the Ky-97A. One (which you
already know) is used to unlock the unit from the tray. The other is a light
sensor for the dimmer circuit. Do not stick anything in there. It's very
sensitive and easily damaged.

Can't help you on the sidetone adjustment.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

question about radio sidetone Gary R. Owning 3 April 10th 07 07:03 AM
Calibrate? Repair? Adjust? RST Engineering General Aviation 3 April 4th 05 01:41 PM
Radio sidetone problem Marty from Florida Owning 4 April 2nd 05 09:36 PM
TKM MX-11 Sidetone Rohit Fedane Owning 0 January 22nd 04 04:59 AM
TKM Michel MX-170B Sidetone Mike Owning 0 December 30th 03 12:44 PM