Aircraft manufacturers and their reputations

Old October 25th 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Aircraft manufacturers and their reputations

What are the overall reputations of manufacturers like Cessna,
Raytheon Beechcraft, Piper, Mooney, Cirrus, and all the others?

In every domain, there are usually specific legends and/or realities
associated with particular manufacturers' equipment. What are they in
general aviation?

From what I've read here, Beech is considered a bit hoity-toity,
Cessna is a common workhorse of sorts, Mooney is a case apart that
some love and some hate, and ... I'm not sure for the others.

I bring this up because of the occasional references I see along these
lines, implying that a Baron 58 is a Cadillac or that Mooney aircraft
have bizarre minds of their own. It makes me wonder. I'm sure each
manufacturer must have a bit of "personality" that shows through each
of the aircraft it builds.

Old October 25th 06, 08:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
What are the overall reputations of manufacturers like Cessna,
Raytheon Beechcraft, Piper, Mooney, Cirrus, and all the others?

In every domain, there are usually specific legends and/or realities
associated with particular manufacturers' equipment. What are they in
general aviation?

From what I've read here, Beech is considered a bit hoity-toity,
Cessna is a common workhorse of sorts, Mooney is a case apart that
some love and some hate, and ... I'm not sure for the others.

I bring this up because of the occasional references I see along these
lines, implying that a Baron 58 is a Cadillac or that Mooney aircraft
have bizarre minds of their own. It makes me wonder. I'm sure each
manufacturer must have a bit of "personality" that shows through each
of the aircraft it builds.

Good God, would you just go the **** away???? Go find some Simulator Forum
on the internet to fulfill your mental masturbation. You have been killfiled
by a ton of people on here because you should read WAY WAY WAY more than you
post.

DW

Old October 26th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Aluckyguess

"Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote in message

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
What are the overall reputations of manufacturers like Cessna,
Raytheon Beechcraft, Piper, Mooney, Cirrus, and all the others?

In every domain, there are usually specific legends and/or realities
associated with particular manufacturers' equipment. What are they in
general aviation?

From what I've read here, Beech is considered a bit hoity-toity,
Cessna is a common workhorse of sorts, Mooney is a case apart that
some love and some hate, and ... I'm not sure for the others.

I bring this up because of the occasional references I see along these
lines, implying that a Baron 58 is a Cadillac or that Mooney aircraft
have bizarre minds of their own. It makes me wonder. I'm sure each
manufacturer must have a bit of "personality" that shows through each
of the aircraft it builds.

Good God, would you just go the **** away???? Go find some Simulator Forum
on the internet to fulfill your mental masturbation. You have been
killfiled by a ton of people on here because you should read WAY WAY WAY
more than you post.

DW

Uncalled for, dont read his posts. Its actually a pretty good question. I
think he has the 58 Baron thing right. That is one nice solid great flying
plane.

Old October 26th 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Beech [Raytheon] are very good because of the attitude of
the management under Olive Ann Beech. If they drill a hole
in a sheet in the wrong spot, they get a new sheet, Cessna
puts a rivet in the hole.

Mooney has solid construction, but has had financial
trouble. TBM 750 was designed to be the "new" Mooney but
they didn't have the money at Mooney to build it.

Every company builds good and not so good airplanes. The
intended use, and who will use it may be a deciding factor.

"Aluckyguess" wrote in message

| "Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote in message
|
| "Mxsmanic" wrote in message
| What are the overall reputations of manufacturers like
Cessna,
| Raytheon Beechcraft, Piper, Mooney, Cirrus, and all the
others?

| In every domain, there are usually specific legends
and/or realities
| associated with particular manufacturers' equipment.
What are they in
| general aviation?
|
| From what I've read here, Beech is considered a bit
hoity-toity,

Old October 26th 06, 11:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Aluckyguess writes:

Uncalled for, dont read his posts. Its actually a pretty good question. I
think he has the 58 Baron thing right. That is one nice solid great flying
plane.

It must be gold-plated in real life if it costs $1.7 million. But
it's nice to fly in the sim.

Old October 26th 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

"Jim Macklin" writes:

Beech [Raytheon] are very good because of the attitude of
the management under Olive Ann Beech. If they drill a hole
in a sheet in the wrong spot, they get a new sheet, Cessna
puts a rivet in the hole.

I understand she's been out of the picture for 25 years, though, no?

If they have a reputation for quality, I hope they keep it. I'm so
tired of companies sacrificing quality in whatever they do in pursuit
of quarterly profits.

Every company builds good and not so good airplanes. The
intended use, and who will use it may be a deciding factor.

Which companies are still likely to be around twenty years from now?
(Keeping in mind that aircraft can remain airworthy much longer than
that.)

Old October 27th 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stefan

Jim Macklin schrieb:

Beech [Raytheon] are very good because of the attitude of
the management under Olive Ann Beech. If they drill a hole
in a sheet in the wrong spot, they get a new sheet, Cessna
puts a rivet in the hole.

Interesting that none of them choose the third option: Not drilling
wrong holes in the first place...

Stefan
Old October 27th 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

Mxsmanic wrote:

It must be gold-plated in real life if it costs $1.7 million. But
it's nice to fly in the sim.

Not sure where you got that figure from, Woodland Aviation is
advertising an '06 G58 for $1.26 million. I wonder how Beech can sell
it for that kinda dough when the Eclipse is 150kt faster for $1.4M
scratching head

Old October 27th 06, 01:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Kingfish wrote:

Not sure where you got that figure from, Woodland Aviation is
advertising an '06 G58 for $1.26 million. I wonder how Beech can sell
it for that kinda dough when the Eclipse is 150kt faster for $1.4M
scratching head

The Eclipse will cost well north of $100K per year to operate, that's
how Beech sells Barons.
Old October 27th 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Beech rarely drills holes in the wring place. But it does
happen and Beech starts a new piece, Cessna has an engineer
approve just putting a rivet in the hole.

Cessna uses a fair amount of "aerodynamic fairing compound"
[bondo]. If I could afford it, I'd have a Beechjet 400
withy clearcoat on the primer.