Rogue State of Israel Threatens Tactical Nuke Strikes on Iran

Old January 15th 07, 12:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,soc.history.war.misc,soc.history.what-if,sci.military.naval
Matt Giwer

Default Rogue State of Israel Threatens Tactical Nuke Strikes on Iran

Dan wrote:
Cutting supply lines in the South would be relatively easy. Of course
US could take control back but it would put up the cost of the
operation and tie up large numbers of troops defending the length of
the supply lines.

The only viable strategy would be to evacuate Iraq. To do that the reserve
troops in Kuwait have to move up the highways and be met by existing troops
heading down the highways to meet up with them. They have to completely secure
the highways so fuel, food and ammo can be taken all the way back into Iraq so
they has fight their way back down the highways into Kuwait.

If it is successful Bush can order then to stop and regroup maybe halfway back
to Kuwait and establish a frontier. More likely Bush would prohibit any retreat
and the officers in theater would have to order it despite Bush.

--
The war on terror can last for thirty years. Israel claims to have been
fighting terrorism for 58 years and there is no end in sight.
Old January 15th 07, 12:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,soc.history.war.misc,soc.history.what-if,sci.military.naval
Matt Giwer

Robert Kolker wrote:
Dan wrote:
The US is the most powerful nation on the planet by a long way with the
worlds largest economy, a united US population to that makes a decision
to do something and is willing to accept casualties to do it can do it.
If that is invade and occupy Iran that is possible.

How about killing all the Iranians with weapons of mass destruction.
Faster, better, cheaper, more thorough.

Another admirer of Stalin and Hitler heard from.

Anyone who sends a man to do a job that can be best done with a machine
is criminally mistaken.

Or simply not attack Iran at all. MAD worked against Russia. It will certainly
work against Iran.

Then you say "they are insane" to salvage a very stupid idea.

--
Hodie duodevicesimo Kalendas Februarias MMVII est
-- The Ferric Webceasar
Old January 15th 07, 12:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,soc.history.war.misc,soc.history.what-if,sci.military.naval

Matt Giwer wrote:
wrote:
Matt Giwer wrote:
wrote:
Matt Giwer wrote:
Robert Kolker wrote:
Matt Giwer wrote:
How does one nuke an army? Dozens of nukes? Kill off hundreds of
thousands of civilians and thousands your own troops immediately and
even more slowly downwind with fallout? After homes and family are
destroyed what interest does the Iranian army have in peace? What
other than slaughter prisoners?
Once the civillian infrastructure is destroyed the army cannot be
resupplied. This was General Sherman's great discovery. If you want to
defeat the army, defeat the civillians.
That is what they said would happen in WWII but it did not happen. Sherman in
fact did nothing to end the war.
Wrong.
And as the South never surrendered your position is what?

I guess the CSA is alive and well. Damn, I live in it. Where do I
pay my taxes? I sure don't want the CSA revenuers coming after me.

I ask you for a URL to the surrender treaty of the CSA. You must have read it
in your studies of the war.

Why? If the CSA still exists, I really need to know where to pay
my taxes. Please let me know.

Lee's surrender of
the Army of Virginia was not a surrender of the South. But you know that.

It was Grant willing to throw men to the
slaughter to get a 1:5 exchange ratio
Where was this 1:5 exchange ratio?
The Irish Grant was throwing at Lee.

Are you claiming that Grant sufferd 5 times the casualties that
Lee did, or are you claiming that Grant had 5 times the troops?

I am talking about the Irish and other immigrants who did not become citizens
of any state who were recruited right off the boats and sent into the army.
There were no states to include them among their dead.

They were recruited into state regiments. Please show me
documentation about these phantom troops.

with Lee eventually depleting his forces.
Recognizing what kind of sub-human was Grant he surrendered for lack of
replacement troops.
Oh, I see...you really don't know what you're talking about.
Rather I do. What war are you talking about? Please cite the CSA surrender if
you think there was one.

I see that you are delusional.

Please cite the surrender treaty.

Please give up this strawman.

The Star Trek TNG writers adopted Johnson's
declaration, Further resistance is futile.

But Grant was sending new immigrants to be slaughter. It was
not like he was sending real Americans.
Wrong again. You should really read some history on the Overland
Campaign....it was, overall, a masterful campaign. (Now's your chance
to say "Cold Harbor! Cold Harbor! Cold Harbor!")
Why? The South did not surrender. What is the point?

Since the South was never a real nation, any surrender was
meaningless. All that matters was that the rebel armies laid down their
arms. Do you want examples of that?

Independence exists from the moment of declaration. See July 4, 1776 for
details on the precedent for independence from the moment of declaration or just
wait for the speeches on the 4th of July this year.

July 4th is important because the rebels won. If the colonies
were defeated, they never would've been considered independent....and
July 4th would be nothing but a footnote about a failed rebellion.

They formed a Confederation using some 95+% of the USA constitution and
voluntarily signed it. To me that says there was no difference.
http://www.giwersworld.org/mgiwer/mgiwer5/confeder.html and
http://www.giwersworld.org/mgiwer/mgiwer5/confcomm.html for details.

The USA constitution, unlike the CSA constitution was silent on secession.
However four states (New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia and the other) ratified
the USA constitution on condition of the right to secede. As those conditional
ratifications were accepted one has to conclude there was no objection to the
conditions.

Since the rest of the US objected, your argument is absurd.

What do you mean by not a real nation?

The CSA was never a real nation. Real nations are recognized
by the international community.

I am aware the armies trying to repel the Yankees and defend their independence
quit fighting. But there was no surrender. If you think there was you certainly
can provide a proper citation.

The armies surrendered. Since the govt was not legitimate, it
had no power to surrender.

--
If the Iraqi army were running loose in the US I would kill them just for
the fun of it.
antisemitism http://www.giwersworld.org/antisem/ a1

--
The damage done by counterfeiting is negligible compared to inflation but
only the former is illegal.