If you are looking for a fight...

Old July 7th 03, 11:41 PM
ArtKramr

Subject: If you are looking for a fight...
From: Ed Rasimus
Date: 7/7/03 10:58 AM Pacific Daylight Time
"Kilroy" wrote:

"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message
Didn't take long to lower the level of discourse.

Are eee esss pee eee cee tee--just a little bit....

It is a two way street, buddy.
He needs a Valium.

Let's start out by acknowledging that WW II was a long time ago and
fortunately for most of us we haven't again seen a conflict of that
magnitude. That result may be partly attributable to the sacrifices
made by that generation. It's difficult to comprehend the involvement
of all aspects of society and the impact on folks who were involved.

We can be grateful that Art participates in the group, that he shares
his memories of his experiences and that he freely expresses his
opinions. I don't agree with everything he says and will confess that
occasionally I express that disagreement.

But, I do it with an explanation of my position and a respect for his.
Respect is definitely a two-way street and demonstrating respect isn't
just for the other guy, it reflects favorably on the respecter.

This ****ing contests regarding whose is bigger don't do much but
waste bandwidth. And, in short order we have a collection of anonymous
twits sharing their ignorance. Frankly that doesn't appeal to me.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (ret)
***"When Thunder Rolled:
*** An F-105 Pilot Over N. Vietnam"
*** from Smithsonian Books
ISBN: 1588341038

Ed,

Thanks for the kind words. I don't mind argument and criticism. I rather enjoy
it. But I draw the line when someone who was never in the military, has no
combat expxerence, no hours on the air tells me what war was :"really like". I
think that sort of behavior creates new highs in the world of hubris.. But we
must never suffer fools gladly. I stay on this NG because of the large amounts
of e mail I get regularly that makes it all worthwhile.
Thanks again.

Arthur Kramer
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old July 8th 03, 06:54 PM
ArtKramr

From: "Billy Beck
Date: 7/8/03 8:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time

(ArtKramr) wrote:

I draw the line when someone who was never in the military, has no
combat expxerence, no hours on the air tells me what war was :"really

like".

Can I see a citation for that, Art?

Who's doing that?

Billy

If you don't know you haven't been paying attention. And your attempt to have
me name the obvious names is nothing more than a weak attempt on your part to
rekindle the same flame wars again. You have failed again
..

Old July 8th 03, 07:09 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

If you don't know you haven't been paying attention. And your attempt to

have
me name the obvious names is nothing more than a weak attempt on your part

rekindle the same flame wars again. You have failed again

I have been paying attention. Nobody's been doing that, there are no
obvious names. It's all in your head.

Old July 9th 03, 08:37 PM
Chris Mark

From: artkramr

Oh I forgot. I was the first editor of Sports Cars Ilustrated (now Car and
Driver) and was involved with Grand Prix racing, I knew Sterling Moss, Juan
Fangio and Mike Hawthorne before he wrapped himself around a tree. My one
regret is that I never met Tazio Nuvalari..

By any chance did you know
Robert Daley? He was the European editor of the NY Times and got interested in
GP racing in the 1950s. He was a photog, selling race photos freelance to a
number of publications, and did a number of stories for the Times on GP racing,
illustrating them with his own photos. He wrote two good books on auto racing
in the '50s and '60s that you may remember, "Cars at Speed" and "The Cruel
Sport."

Chris Mark

Stop the noise airads Aerobatics 131 July 2nd 04 01:28 PM
Pilot's Political Orientation Chicken Bone Instrument Flight Rules 317 June 21st 04 06:10 PM