A problem in the Military ?

Old March 8th 04, 04:52 PM
Felger Carbon

"Gord Beaman" wrote in message

Yes, isn't it puzzling...a man can bleed copious quantities of
blood and retain his intelligence but let a small amount shift
it's position in his body and all of his brains seems to turn to
mush

The Big Kahuna gave man a brain and a penis, but only enough blood to
operate one at a time.

Old March 10th 04, 08:18 PM
kelly

Women cheat too it's about boredom and trust issues keeps them leaping like
a dog chasing it's tail. It's just plain stupid. You see them on Jerry
Springer, you know what I'm talking about.

link.net...

Old March 10th 04, 08:30 PM
kelly

How about this old Air Force saying:
"what goes TDY (temporary duty) stays TDY"
means nobody is to snitch. What do the other branches say?

"Jeff Crowell" wrote in message
Sunny wrote:
We have to do something about
this. I can't accept that it will never get fixed. What I don't know

is
what to do. Do we send this story to our military leaders in the hopes

that
they will "fix it"? I've seen another version of this story (see my

earler
post) and I'm sure there are more like it, so maybe the "word" is out?
I'm all for males and females in the Army, but there has got to be

something
that can be done to stop problems like this.

Got news for you. As long as boys and girls serve together,
there's going to be hanky-panky going on. Some of said
hanky-panky will involve cases where one or both (or more?)
of the players are married. To other people. Anyone who tries
to stop it will just look like an idiot. You could make it a
capital offense and it would still happen, even if you were
dealing with servicemembers who are not in a life-threatening
environment.

This is a fact of life in our society, it happens in every workplace
today and every day.

And publishing the names of the allegedly involved parties
is scurrilous.

Jeff

Old March 10th 04, 09:43 PM

"kelly" wrote:

Women cheat too it's about boredom and trust issues keeps them leaping like
a dog chasing it's tail. It's just plain stupid. You see them on Jerry
Springer, you know what I'm talking about.

Y'know, I sometimes wonder if we humans have got it right yet
after all of this time. We marry one partner and demand fidelity
for the rest of our lives when the natural human tendency is
certainly not monogamous.

Men constantly 'look the field over' and think 'woohoo, lookit
the (xxx) on that'. Women do exactly the same, perhaps it's not
advertised to be as 'strenuous' as with men but I believe that
it's actually every bit so, they just have the _reputation_ of
being less 'tempted', so it's a bit more undercover.

So then, is this 'one partner' for life the way we were meant to
be?...or is it just an affectation forced on us by religion and
civilization?

A husband will berate his gorgeous wife when she gets too cosy
with a male worker at the office party, I think mainly because
he's worried about what his friends will think, while he just
laughs about her avid perusal of the soaps. What up with that?...

Does anyone think that she has only pure clean thoughts about the
gorgeous hunk actors on there?... oooook...

"Felger Carbon" wrote in message
hlink.net...
"Gord Beaman" wrote in message

Yes, isn't it puzzling...a man can bleed copious quantities of
blood and retain his intelligence but let a small amount shift
it's position in his body and all of his brains seems to turn to
mush

The Big Kahuna gave man a brain and a penis, but only enough blood to
operate one at a time.

-Gord.
Old March 11th 04, 04:18 PM

MAC_Skjulestad wrote:

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 21:43:35 GMT, "Gord Beaman" )
wrote:
A husband will berate his gorgeous wife when she gets too cosy
with a male worker at the office party, I think mainly because
he's worried about what his friends will think, while he just
laughs about her avid perusal of the soaps. What up with that?...

Does anyone think that she has only pure clean thoughts about the
gorgeous hunk actors on there?... oooook...

The one thing that always disgusted me in the military. You delpoy
for 6 - 9 months. Married guys are tapping chicks in everyport, put
if they hear the old lady slipped one time, she's the whore and tramp.

True indeed...seems that we've devised a truly one-sided
mentality, the *only* saving grace of which is the fact that a
woman can conceive and a man can't.

Outside of that one fact there's no difference in the two
situations. (IMO). Mind you, advances in the science of
contraception is reducing that one difference to minuscule
proportions.
--

-Gord.
Old March 11th 04, 05:11 PM
Leslie Swartz

Yes, Gord- but it is also "human nature" to believe in Demons and Spirits
and Magic and Dragons and Faeries and the like as well.

IMNSHO, a key part of being human (as opposed to a lower life form) has to
do with moving beyond our "natural instincts" to something better . . .

Steve Swartz

Old March 11th 04, 05:12 PM
Leslie Swartz

Speak for yourself.

Steve Swartz

wrote:

"kelly" wrote:

[...]

Proud member of Ordnancemen's Local #69, affiliated
with VA-145 Swordsmen. 1972 - 1976
NAS Cubi Pt, NAS Moffett Field, USS Midway, Provost
Marshal Subic Bay, USS Cimarron, USS Bronstein,
USS Berkeley.

Old March 12th 04, 01:42 AM
Lord Whiz

"MAC_Skjulestad" wrote

The one thing that always disgusted me in the military. You delpoy
for 6 - 9 months. Married guys are tapping chicks in everyport, put
if they hear the old lady slipped one time, she's the whore and tramp.

===

Speak for yourself, dunce!

The countless thousands making up the majority of married GI's simply
take their marriages more seriously than evinced by yourself. There is
*always* that 10% like you ... a well-turned phrase at least in my Navy.
After 28 years of service, and 49 years of marriage, one just knows
what is and what isn't happening at home.

Old March 12th 04, 01:53 AM

"Leslie Swartz" wrote:

Yes, Gord- but it is also "human nature" to believe in Demons and Spirits
and Magic and Dragons and Faeries and the like as well.

IMNSHO, a key part of being human (as opposed to a lower life form) has to
do with moving beyond our "natural instincts" to something better . . .

Steve Swartz

I hesitate to reply to this because I'm afraid of losing my
control and telling you what I _really_ think.

However, I'll try. I could start by finding out why you
apparently think so little of 'natural instincts'.
--

-Gord.

bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM
Updated List of Military Information-Exchange Forums Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 December 29th 03 02:20 AM
List of News, Discussion and Info Exchange forums Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 November 14th 03 05:01 AM
08 Nov 2003 - Today’s Military, Veteran, War and National Security News Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 November 9th 03 01:51 AM
07 Aug 2003 - Today’s Military, Veteran, War and National Security News Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 August 8th 03 02:51 AM