Three take offs = three landings at Newton MS and Madison MS - Video

Old November 26th 09, 08:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flaps_50!

Default Three take offs = three landings at Newton MS and Madison MS -Video

On Nov 26, 12:03*pm, Jeffrey Bloss wrote:
On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 01:43:54 -0800 (PST), Flaps_50! wrote:
Try this: get the nose way up and add say 1/2 power. You've trimmed
for airspeed now with this high attitude so control airspeed with
power and aim point with elevator. You'll be amazed at your approach
angle in this very high drag config. If the stall peeps just open the
throttle a bit and keep that aim point fixed all the way down. Get
used to flying on the throttle with almost second by second subtle
power changes. Now you drop speed by reducing throttle on very short
final to say 10k over Vs. As you round out/flare you will shed energy
very fast as you simultaneously chop the throttle - you should be less
than 3' *AGL. The plane will settle firmly onto the mains in a _very_
high nose angle but that's what you want -all the weight on the mains
and no energy left.

Lots of drag is here to slow you down:
The wing really is deeply stalled.
Nose super high adding fuse drag
Lots of elevator trying to keep nose wheel off (the elevator should
end up all the way back -adding even more drag)
With all weight on the mains make those wheels squeal (but don't lock
up)!
The nose wheel only touches when YOU can't keep it off but don't relax
that back elevator -think drag and weight on the mains.

When you do this a few times you will realize that all sorts of new
places are potential landing spots. If you are not comfortable with
the backside of the power curve practice this type of descent at
altitude and note the VSI. Gradually get lower as you get used to the
method and the way your baby responds to throttle.

I'm not an instructor so I could be talking rubbish (perhaps I'm not a
real pilot ;-) One last thing: I learnt from tail dragging -the
landing is NOT over 'til the plane is stopped.

YMMV

You need to STFU, Mr. Flight Sim King with no certification.
--

You are clearly below average intelligence because you presume I'm not
a qualified pilot. A real pilot would know that my advice doesn't come

Cheers

Old November 26th 09, 08:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flaps_50!

On Nov 26, 5:53*am, " wrote:
On Nov 25, 9:54*am, a wrote:

On Nov 25, 8:26*am, " wrote:

On Nov 25, 3:31*am, "Flaps_50!" wrote:

AlI can say is that tail dragging turned my landings from average into
much better than that. I recommend it!

You cannot compare flight simulation landings with landing a plane in
the outside world. *I have done both and speak from experience.

Please preface statements like the above with such caveats as I don't
think A is aware you are not talking from experience of flying a real
plane nor hold a PPL.

I have no way of knowing the credentials of anyone who posts here, but
we should be intelligent enough to decide if suggestions make sense to
us, even if coming from non-pilots. There are zip lock bags in my
airplane because they are great for people who unexpectedly get motion
sick, and that idea came from a pax who carried some of those, just in
case.

Suggestions are one thing as he has been giving all along

Saying that he has landed a tail dragger is another or that his
landings have improved without full disclosure is a diservice to those
who may not "know the full story" (readers coming to here for the
first time). :-) *How can he recommend something he has never done in
real life? *One shoe doesn't fit all.

Well I think that makes me a more experienced pilot that you 'cos I do
fly a real aerobatic tail dragger and my landing are really quite good
-even tho' I do say so myself (but I still think there's room for
improvement). Listen to my advice -there's real world knowledge
there.

Cheers
Old November 26th 09, 09:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Flaps_50!" wrote

You are clearly below average intelligence because you presume I'm not
a qualified pilot. A real pilot would know that my advice doesn't come
from simming.

What you have written here has made it painfully obvious that you are not a
real qualified pilot. Quit trying to impress everyone, and fess up.

Better yet, just move on to some other group.
--
Jim in NC

Old November 26th 09, 01:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Nov 26, 2:10*am, "Flaps_50!" wrote:

Well I think that makes me a more experienced pilot that you 'cos I do
fly a real aerobatic tail dragger and my landing are really quite good
-even tho' I do say so myself (but I still think there's room for
improvement). *Listen to my advice -there's real world knowledge
there.

I'll call you on this.

Why don't you post some of your real world landings outside a desktop
computer so we can give you our analysis since you think you have room
for improvement. Any $50 digital camera will do the trick and You
Tube offers free hosting.
Old November 27th 09, 12:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Franklin[_19_]

Jeffrey Bloss wrote:

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 00:00:08 -0800 (PST), Flaps_50! wrote:

I'm not an instructor so I could be talking rubbish (perhaps I'm not a
real pilot ;-) One last thing: I learnt from tail dragging -the
landing is NOT over 'til the plane is stopped.

YMMV

You need to STFU, Mr. Flight Sim King with no certification.
--

You are clearly below average intelligence because you presume I'm not
a qualified pilot. A real pilot would know that my advice doesn't come
from simming.

Cheer

Here's the way this works. When you post, you expose yourself.

Please stop exposing yourself.

You're so exposed I afear that you will die from it.

Now toddle on back to your joystick and up up and away, FX King!

Old November 27th 09, 08:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flaps_50!

On Nov 26, 10:55*pm, "Morgans" wrote:
"Flaps_50!" wrote

You are clearly below average intelligence because you presume I'm not
a qualified pilot. A real pilot would know that my advice doesn't come
from simming.

What you have written here has made it painfully obvious that you are not a
real qualified pilot. *Quit trying to impress everyone, and fess up.

You ARE AN IDIOT.

Cheers
Old November 27th 09, 08:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flaps_50!

On Nov 27, 2:50*am, " wrote:
On Nov 26, 2:10*am, "Flaps_50!" wrote:

Well I think that makes me a more experienced pilot that you 'cos I do
fly a real aerobatic tail dragger and my landing are really quite good
-even tho' I do say so myself (but I still think there's room for
improvement). *Listen to my advice -there's real world knowledge
there.

I'll call you on this.

Why don't you post some of your real world landings outside a desktop
computer so we can give you our analysis since you think you have room
for improvement. *Any $50 digital camera will do the trick and You
Tube offers free hosting.

I'll think about it, but my ego doesn't reside in posting videos. As
for analysis of my short field I have nothing to learn form you, quite
the opposite really. Can you tell us all why a 3000' sealed runway is
a short field for a sundowner?

Cheers
Old November 27th 09, 08:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flaps_50!

On Nov 27, 6:49*am, Jeffrey Bloss wrote:
On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 00:00:08 -0800 (PST), Flaps_50! wrote:
I'm not an instructor so I could be talking rubbish (perhaps I'm not a
real pilot ;-) One last thing: I learnt from tail dragging -the
landing is NOT over 'til the plane is stopped.

YMMV

You need to STFU, Mr. Flight Sim King with no certification.
--

You are clearly below average intelligence because you presume I'm not
a qualified pilot. A real pilot would know that my advice doesn't come
from simming.

Cheer

Here's the way this works. When you post, you expose yourself.

You're so exposed I afear that you will die from it.

Now toddle on back to your joystick and up up and away, FX King!
--

Troll troll troll your boat fat boy.

Cheers
Old November 27th 09, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Nov 27, 2:27*am, "Flaps_50!" wrote:

I'll think about it, but my ego doesn't reside in posting videos.

You are a bunch of horse**** now. Your ego is bigger then the dayem
Good Year blimp If your ego is big enough to make comments on my
short field landings, then you should be good enough to demonstrate to
the readership your skills. After all you said.

Well I think that makes me a more experienced pilot that you 'cos I do
fly a real aerobatic tail dragger and my landing are really quite good
even tho' I do say so myself

Put up or shut up. Show me where the rubber meets the road.
Otherwise you really don't know, and YOU DON'T fly a real plane, do
you? Your landings are not quite good since you don't land a real
airplane.

As for analysis of my short field I have nothing to learn form you, quite
the opposite really. Can you tell us all why a *3000' sealed runway is
a short field for a sundowner?

AS I posted in RAS

Because I don't need to. What difference does it make whether I land
it in 2000 feet or 3000 feet on a 4444 foot runway? What difference
does it make when 99.9 percent of my airports I fly to have 4000 foot
or longer runways on routine cross country flights.

The entire runway in front of me is mine until I clear it. Anybody
behind me will just have to go around if I am not cleared it. I don't
need to be a hero for anybody behind me in preventing a go around.
This privilege is backed by FARS / AIM even at airports with LAHSO
operations where I don't have to accept them.

Most importantly, why should I push the safety envelope THAT I
DETERMINE as PIC, The aircraft manufacturer determines the aircraft
minimums, NOT THE PIC's minimums.

You apparently fail to understand the human nature of flying so you do
have LOTS TO LEARN FROM ME. As an example, everybody can swing at a
90 mph fast ball, but not everybody will hit the ball. Same with
landing an airplane. Everybody can try
to shoe horn a plane into the minimums that the manufacturer
determines but not everybody can do it. I determine as PIC what is
safe, not the manufacturer. There is no room for error when you final
approach speed is faster then most highway speeds.

If you think MSFX simulates short field landings, you are sadly
mistaken. You apparently haven't been near a tree in a real plane to
understand exactly what I am talking about. You can't die from coming
up short in MSFX, you can in a real plane. What part of that do you
seem not to understand?
Old November 27th 09, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Flaps_50!" wrote

You ARE AN IDIOT.

Really good comeback.

You are a troll, a non-pilot, and a nusance in this newsgroup. Go play
somewhere else.
--
Jim in NC