Javelin...

Old May 6th 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_1_]

Default Javelin...

Looks nice, but could suffer from some of the "Cirrus-like" links
between marketing and safety record. Still, if I had the money, it
would be the ultimate ride. (as long as your kids don't want to ride
along).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko1WY...elated&search=

http://www.avtechgroup.com/

They've been talking about this thing for a while, but it would seem
that there is only one flying..?

--Dan

Old May 6th 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On 5 May 2007 16:32:46 -0700, Dan wrote in
.com:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko1WY...elated&search=

Truly awesome! Breathtaking!

I hear Hayden "Jim" Sheaffer's* has a deposit down on one of those.
Pilots like him shouldn't have any problem thinking ahead of an
aircraft like the Javelin. :-)

* http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/newsite...050523faa.html
Old May 6th 07, 11:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y

On 5 May 2007 16:32:46 -0700, Dan wrote:

They've been talking about this thing for a while, but it would seem
that there is only one flying..?

Reminds me of a T-33.
Old May 6th 07, 01:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
On 5 May 2007 16:32:46 -0700, Dan wrote:

They've been talking about this thing for a while, but it would seem
that there is only one flying..?

Reminds me of a T-33.

Form does follow function, in this case, doesn't it?

2 engines, 2 seat, small, no need for heavy carry capability. Plop! There
it is; almost like a T-33!
--
Jim in NC

Old May 6th 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y

On Sun, 6 May 2007 08:41:56 -0400, "Morgans"
wrote:

Form does follow function, in this case, doesn't it?

2 engines, 2 seat, small, no need for heavy carry capability. Plop! There
it is; almost like a T-33!

I meant some of the details, like the intakes, and the arches along
the size.

Lots of 2 seat jets with similar capability don't look like a T-33.
Old May 6th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y

On Sun, 06 May 2007 12:45:42 -0400, B A R R Y
wrote:

I meant some of the details, like the intakes, and the arches along
the size.

Lots of 2 seat jets with similar capability don't look like a T-33.

What a maroon I am...

I was actually referring to the Javelin resembling a T-38, the trainer
version of the F5.

Hey, _I_ knew what I was talking about! G
Old May 7th 07, 12:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"B A R R Y" wrote

What a maroon I am...

I was actually referring to the Javelin resembling a T-38, the trainer
version of the F5.

Hey, _I_ knew what I was talking about! G

Yeah, I did too, and I wasn't even in your head! I didn't catch the
mistake, either.

Seriously though, given the project's mission, it is not surprising to me
that it came out looking a lot like the T-38. There are not that many
different ways you can arrange things, and make it perform as the designers
intended. I'm sure they did a lot of, "well, what is out there, that does
what we want to do, and does it look cool. It has to look cool!"
--
Jim in NC

Old May 7th 07, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Erik

Dan wrote:

Looks nice, but could suffer from some of the "Cirrus-like" links
between marketing and safety record. Still, if I had the money, it
would be the ultimate ride. (as long as your kids don't want to ride
along).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko1WY...elated&search=

http://www.avtechgroup.com/

They've been talking about this thing for a while, but it would seem
that there is only one flying..?

--Dan

What's the minimum length runway needed??

Old May 8th 07, 03:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_1_]

On May 7, 1:37 pm, Erik wrote:
Dan wrote:
Looks nice, but could suffer from some of the "Cirrus-like" links
between marketing and safety record. Still, if I had the money, it
would be the ultimate ride. (as long as your kids don't want to ride
along).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko1WY...elated&search=

http://www.avtechgroup.com/

They've been talking about this thing for a while, but it would seem
that there is only one flying..?

--Dan

What's the minimum length runway needed??- Hide quoted text -

Technical features for the Javelin MK-10

Engines: Two - 1,700 pound thrust, turbo-fan Williams International
FJ33-4A-17M
Seating capacity: Two, tandem
Max gross weight: 6,200 pounds
Wing span: 23.25 feet
Length: 36 feet
Height: 10.5 feet
Wing area: 120 square feet
Take-off ground roll (std day, SL, 6,200 lb): 1,800 feet
Balanced field (std day, SL, 6,200 lb): 3,000 feet
Max rate of climb: 10,000 ft/min
Time to climb to 41,000 ft (ISA, std day, 6,200 lb): 13 min.
Cruise speed (ISA, std day, 5,500 lb, 35,000 ft): 0.90 Mach, 525 KTAS,
600 mph
Stall speed in landing configuration (6,080 lb.): 110 KCAS
Approach speed: 132 knots (at max gross weight)
Approach speed: 114 knots (at landing weight)
Landing distance (std day, SL, 6,080 lb, full flaps)
Ground Roll: 2,200 feet
Over 50 ft: 5,000 feet
Landing Distance (std day, SL, 4,575 lb, full flaps)
Ground Roll: 1,800 feet
Over 50 ft: 4,200 feet
IFR Range (M 0.80): 1,200 nm
Endurance: 3.5 hours
Fuel capacity: 280 gallons
Fuel Consumption at mid-cruise weight
Economy cruise (0.80 Mach at 45,000 ft): 75 gal/hr
High-speed cruise (0.90 Mach at 35,000 ft) 109 gal/hr
Certified ceiling: 45,000 feet
Cargo/Baggage: up to 200 lb.
Price 2005: $2.795 million (will be indexed, taxes not included)

Old May 8th 07, 04:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Dan" wrote)
Technical features for the Javelin MK-10

http://www.viper-aircraft.com/
Check out these guys

Forget the price, look at those build hours. Wow.

Montblack