Plan on it for next summer!

Old September 10th 03, 03:47 AM
Jay Honeck

Default Plan on it for next summer!

http://www.manxsr.com/afton/flyin.htm

This is the website from the National Cherokee Pilot's Association fly-in,
held this past June at the Shangrila Resort in Afton, OK. As you can see,
it was very well attended, well organized, and a good time was had by all.

For those of you with Cherokees -- 140s, 150s, Warriors, 180s, Archers,
235s, Chargers, Pathfinders, Dakotas, Arrows, Sixes, Lance, and Saratogas --
it's a "must-do", so pencil it into your calendars for next June. (The
tentative dates are June 19th and 20th.)

You'll never learn more about your favorite plane, or rub shoulders with a
better bunch of people!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 10th 03, 03:12 PM
blanche cohen

I'd much rather have the fly-in in Iowa City.

*sigh*

Old September 10th 03, 11:54 PM
Neal

I had wanted to fly up there on the Saturday just to show up in the
Checkerbird since it is only about an hour and a half from here, but
had heard that they were charging something like $35 just for landing
and staying a couple hours, and I was too broke that weekend to buy
fuel plus pay such a large entrance fee, having spent all my flying
budget the previous couple weekends going to the SWRFI and the Ranger
fly-ins.

Old September 12th 03, 04:16 AM
Jay Honeck

I had wanted to fly up there on the Saturday just to show up in the
Checkerbird since it is only about an hour and a half from here, but
had heard that they were charging something like $35 just for landing
and staying a couple hours, and I was too broke that weekend to buy
fuel plus pay such a large entrance fee, having spent all my flying
budget the previous couple weekends going to the SWRFI and the Ranger
fly-ins.

??

They didn't charge anything to land. And they showed up at the plane with a
bottle of ice-cold water -- great, given the 95 degree heat!

I think it was a $10 per night tie-down fee, in addition to the registration
fee. (Which you only had to pay if you were attending the organized parts
of the fly-in.)

If you get a chance, Neal, be sure to make it next year. A very cool bunch
of guys are putting it together, and everyone is very laid back and relaxed.
We had never attended any of their get togethers before, and were made to
feel very welcome -- even with the kids in tow.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 12th 03, 04:20 AM
Jay Honeck

I'd much rather have the fly-in in Iowa City.

*sigh*

Thanks, Blanche. Someone in the Cherokee Pilots Association suggested
that, too, but I had to politely decline. There is simply no way we could
accommodate a group that large -- we're more of a romantic get-away place to
fly, with groups of up to eight or ten planeloads working well.

They had almost 100 planes fly in! We'd be camping people at poolside...

--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 12th 03, 11:01 PM
Tina Marie

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 03:20:38 GMT, Jay Honeck wrote:
They had almost 100 planes fly in! We'd be camping people at poolside...

If you provided enough beer, no one would have minded.

Tina Marie