Cobra Trailer Bearings

Old July 10th 18, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Cobra Trailer Bearings

I screwed up big time and burned the bearings on both wheels by leaving the brake on (I know, I'm getting forgetful). Wings and Wheels is out of the ALCO 1637 bearing sets and will not get any until mid August. Does anyone have two of these bearing sets? I need them early next week so that I can go to Mackay,ID for some of the best soaring ever.

If anyone can help me out, please contact me at .

Stu Larimore
2Z
208-724-0587
Old July 10th 18, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

If you can read the numbers off the bearings, pretty much any auto parts place, industrial bearing supplier, McMaster-Carr, etc. can get bearings.
Old July 10th 18, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Google “Alco 1637 bearing” and there are several sources...
Old July 10th 18, 02:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Ditto that advice. A club member had the entire hub fail during a contest and we were able to find parts from eBay and Amazon to get it rebuilt by the end of the contest.
Old July 10th 18, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

Another good place to buy nearly any AL-KO part, albeit located in Europe, ishttp://www.tauntontrailers.co.uk. Prices are reasonable even after shipping.
Old July 10th 18, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

T@B trailers us the same axel. You can check with the US distributor for parts.
Old July 11th 18, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mitch Deutsch[_2_]

On Tuesday, July 10, 2018 at 5:46:44 PM UTC-4, Tim Taylor wrote:
T@B trailers us the same axel. You can check with the US distributor for parts.

Size:
OD= 60mm
ID = 30mm
width 37mm

I got mine at Advance Auto--- National/Moog 513116

or equivalents

NAPA GRW 120

SKF BA2Bo33313(c)

FAG 529891C
Old July 11th 18, 03:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Casey[_2_]

https://www.theoempartsstore.com/350...sion-Axle-U35/
Old July 11th 18, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

...tauntontrailers...

One of those will keep your glider warm in the winter. Luke warm, at least.
Old July 11th 18, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stu

Thanks for the info - I ordered them through RMBEARINGS and they should arrive on Friday.

Cobra wheel bearings Wade G Soaring 3 February 20th 17 03:16 PM
PIK 20 Trailer Bearings [email protected] Soaring 1 May 27th 16 09:58 PM
Sealed Cobra wheel bearings [email protected] Soaring 1 July 13th 15 05:23 AM
cobra wheel bearings and brakes [email protected] Soaring 4 August 13th 12 11:21 PM