What's the best way to seal up my old Ben Green trailer???

Old February 18th 09, 01:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default What's the best way to seal up my old Ben Green trailer???

I have an old Ben Green metal trailer. It's spent most of it's life
inside a hanger. I plan on parking it outside a hanger for a couple
months. I have not seen any water damage inside on the wood floor,
however I want to make darn sure that no water at all comes through
the roof.

What is the best way to seal it up and prevent any leaks from coming
through the flat metal roof?
Old February 18th 09, 02:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
vaughn

wrote in message

What is the best way to seal it up and prevent any leaks from coming
through the flat metal roof?

If it is really only to be 2 months, then the obvious solution would be one
of those cheap tarps available at a place like Harbor Freight.

For a more permanent solution, consider a couple thick coats of the
elastomeric roof paint sold at the big-box home improvement stores in the
roofing section. Wash well before you paint. Seams can be covered with the
4" wide roof patching tape available at the same source before painting. I
have sealed the roof of my home with this stuff. It stands up to Florida
hurricanes when other roofs fail.

Vaughn

Old February 18th 09, 02:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair

Put a sprinkler on top and climb in with a flashlite and marker pen!

Also, take a ride back there down a rough road, you'd be surprised at
what's going on and what needs adjusting. Don't do this unless you
have a good relationship with the wife. After test-drivinging one
trailer, it took a good 15 minutes of begging and pleading before the
trailer lid was opened again!
Cheers,
JJ

Old February 18th 09, 04:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Feb 18, 7:13*am, JJ Sinclair wrote:
Also, take a ride back there down a rough road, you'd be surprised at
what's going on and what needs adjusting. Don't do this unless you
have a good relationship with the wife. After test-drivinging one
trailer, it took a good 15 minutes of begging and pleading before the
trailer lid was opened again!

You didn't say who was in the trailer - you or the wife

Andy
Old February 18th 09, 08:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Andy wrote:
On Feb 18, 7:13 am, JJ Sinclair wrote:
Also, take a ride back there down a rough road, you'd be surprised at
what's going on and what needs adjusting. Don't do this unless you
have a good relationship with the wife. After test-drivinging one
trailer, it took a good 15 minutes of begging and pleading before the
trailer lid was opened again!

You didn't say who was in the trailer - you or the wife

Duh, JJ is still alive, so it must have been him!

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

* Updated! "Transponders in Sailplanes" http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* New Jan '08 - sections on Mode S, TPAS, ADS-B, Flarm, more

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org
Old February 18th 09, 08:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Salvo[_2_]

On Feb 18, 11:46*am, Andy wrote:
On Feb 18, 7:13*am, JJ Sinclair wrote:

Also, take a ride back there down a rough road, you'd be surprised at
what's going on and what needs adjusting. Don't do this unless you
have a good relationship with the wife. After test-drivinging one
trailer, it took a good 15 minutes of begging and pleading before the
trailer lid was opened again!

You didn't say who was in the trailer - you or the wife

Andy

Now if your wife is in the trailer, make sure your dog is with her.
Like that when you open the trailer lid, at least the dog will be
happy to see you.

Bob

prop seal Jim Burns Owning 11 July 23rd 05 03:59 AM
Door seal?? Frode Berg Owning 1 June 14th 04 03:28 PM
becoming a gold-seal instructor Baron Man Piloting 3 January 9th 04 01:15 PM
Window seal Hankal Owning 1 December 22nd 03 12:33 AM
Crank Seal? Mark S Conway Owning 3 November 10th 03 04:29 AM