FS9 and D3D9.DLL problem

Old December 14th 04, 01:46 AM
Anthony Acri

Default FS9 and D3D9.DLL problem

Started to have problems with FS9. Get the famous 'send report'. It
complains about D3D9.DLL.
Goggled and it something with Directx.

I was trying to get to run Directx and see if all the componets are okay.

Does anybody remember where I run Directx to see whic versions and
components are installed?

Now I cannot get my FS9 to work.

I am not running the update patch version

Old December 14th 04, 03:04 AM
Carl Frisk

Hi Anthony,
See my answer at microsoft.public.simulators. In the future if you crosspost please put all the relevant groups on
the same To: line. That way those of us who answer only have to answer once.

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

Old December 14th 04, 11:09 AM
Anthony Acri

Did that and it states I am using DirectX 9.0c.

I try to run FS9 and I get an error on D3D9.dll
I tried system restore to a date when system was working and nothing.
Not sure if I have to uinistall FS9 and hen re-install it. That would be a
pain
Any ideas what I should do? Am lost without FS9 now

"Carl Frisk" wrote in message
You can't run DirectX directly but you can run dxdiag from Start--Run.

Old December 15th 04, 01:26 AM
Carl Frisk

D3D9.dll is a DirectX.dll. If you ran all the test with dxdiag and it didn't report any errors than you most likely
have a video driver problem or a DirectX problem. Try reinstalling Direct 9.0c from the Microsoft web site or
un-install your video drivers, reboot and try uninstalling them again. Then reinstall them. If you accidentally
installed your video drivers twice it won't show up anywhere but will cause havoc on your system. Slow performance,
strange system errors, slow boot up. Almost like a spybot.
Also it's good practice to run Ad-Aware and Spybot weekly along with a full virus scan.

Old December 26th 04, 06:05 PM
Steph

"Mr Digital" wrote in message
If all else fails you might have to reinstall FS9.
"Anthony Acri" wrote in message
Started to have problems with FS9. Get the famous 'send report'. It
complains about D3D9.DLL.
Goggled and it something with Directx.

I was trying to get to run Directx and see if all the componets are okay.

Does anybody remember where I run Directx to see whic versions and
components are installed?

Now I cannot get my FS9 to work.

I am not running the update patch version

Try start/run/dxdiag.

Or reinstall direct x from www.microsoft.com/directx and reinstall your
video drivers.

DON'T reinstall MSFS