Parowan accident

Old July 26th 10, 06:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

Default Parowan accident

http://www.ntsb.gov/NTSB/brief.asp?e...18X52929&key=1

A sad accident, and a reminder how useless the NTSB can be when it
comes to investigating a gliding accident. We already know that the
media is useless in getting the facts right, but in this case the
media reports were correct while the NTSB report is plain wrong. The
flight did not depart Junction, did not depart at 10PM and was NOT a
night flight! Sigh!

Ramy
Old July 26th 10, 12:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Evans[_2_]

On Jul 25, 10:47*pm, Ramy wrote:
http://www.ntsb.gov/NTSB/brief.asp?e...18X52929&key=1

A sad accident, and a reminder how useless the NTSB can be when it
comes to investigating a gliding accident. We already know that the
media is useless in getting the facts right, but in this case the
media reports were correct while the NTSB report is plain wrong. The
flight did not depart Junction, did not depart at 10PM and was NOT a
night flight! Sigh!

Ramy

So much for awaiting the official report before discussing it.
Old July 26th 10, 02:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Jul 26, 6:46*am, Gary Evans wrote:
On Jul 25, 10:47*pm, Ramy wrote:

http://www.ntsb.gov/NTSB/brief.asp?e...18X52929&key=1

A sad accident, and a reminder how useless the NTSB can be when it
comes to investigating a gliding accident. We already know that the
media is useless in getting the facts right, but in this case the
media reports were correct while the NTSB report is plain wrong. The
flight did not depart Junction, did not depart at 10PM and was NOT a
night flight! Sigh!

Ramy

So much for awaiting the official report before discussing it.

preliminary NTSB reports often contain errors because they
are...preliminary
Old July 26th 10, 03:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jb92563

On Jul 25, 10:47*pm, Ramy wrote:

http://www.ntsb.gov/NTSB/brief.asp?e...18X52929&key=1

A sad accident, and a reminder how useless the NTSB can be when it
comes to investigating a gliding accident. We already know that the
media is useless in getting the facts right, but in this case the
media reports were correct while the NTSB report is plain wrong. The
flight did not depart Junction, did not depart at 10PM and was NOT a
night flight! Sigh!

Ramy

preliminary NTSB reports often contain errors because they
are...preliminary

Why would the NTSB report ANY information that has not been verified?

Seem like a preliminary release of incorrect info is much worse than
no information at all.

Preliminary information would be the information obtained off the data
plate of the aircraft at the crash site......sheesh.

Rest in Peace Mike Wills, and my deepest sympathy to family and
friends...

Ray
Old July 26th 10, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Jul 25, 10:47*pm, Ramy wrote:

[...]

Ray- Hide quoted text -

a very likely explanation for the time discrepancy in the report.

The NTSB doesn't have the manpower to dispatch people from their field
offices to every aircraft crash in the country. Usually they use the
local FAA FSDO personnel to gather the initial data and fill out the
accident report.

The flight may have taken off at 2210 Zulu so the person who filled
out the accident report recorded that as the time. This would be
something like 3 or 4 PM local in Utah? Then the desk jockey who
typed up the initial report saw 2210 and thought it was local time and
recorded it as a night flight. Simple mistake and I bet it will be
corrected before the final report is issued and the final report is
where accuracy is important. The preliminary report is basically a
declaration that an accident occurred and they dont know why. That's
why it is preliminary.

Parowan midair? Andy[_1_] Soaring 130 July 14th 10 06:09 PM
Parowan Ed Byars Soaring 1 July 3rd 09 06:18 PM
Parowan Day 6 6-25 TomnKeyLargo Soaring 0 June 25th 04 11:43 PM
Parowan Day 4 6-23 TomnKeyLargo Soaring 0 June 24th 04 03:56 AM
Parowan, UT Thomas F. Dixon Soaring 1 July 29th 03 04:35 PM