2009 Laister Sailplane Count - Information Request

Old January 2nd 09, 04:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 2009 Laister Sailplane Count - Information Request

2009 Laister Sailplane Count (“Bird Count”)
Currently, I know of 4 Laister sailplanes that are regularly flown in
the U.S.
I suspect there are more.

Do you know of any active Laister Sailplanes flying in your area?
Do you know of any Laister Sailplanes undergoing restoration in your
area?

If so, Would you please take a moment to email me (jcmartin AT
Bak.rr.com ) ?
Type / Registration / Owner Contact Info / City & State

Sample information:
Flying Laisters:
Laister LP-49 / N7003/ Cam Martin jcmartin AT Bak.rr.com/ Tehachapi,
CA
Laister LP-49 / N888LP/ Jim Meade/ Tiffin, Iowa
LAISTER-KAUFFMAN TG-4A/ Doug Fronius/ Poway CA

Active Laister Projects:
LAISTER-KAUFFMAN LK-10A / N79L/ Josh Knerr/ Bakersfield, CA

INACTIVE Laister Projects:
unknown

Background:
Since IVSM 2009 (June Elmira New York) features Jack Laister’s Yankee
Doodle in its logo, 2009 seems to be THE ideal year to find out just
how many of Jack Laister’s sailplanes are still with us.
LK-10, TG-4 "Yankee Doodle Two"
LP-46, LP-49 "Forty Niner"
LP-15 "Nugget"
(yes, I know Laister bought the rights to the Bowlus Baby Albatross,
but I don't need to chase those down. Its been done.)

Every Jan 1st our local Birders celebrate the New Year by doing a
comprehensive bird count for the community. Everything observed
flying/walking gets logged in and reported. This is similar. Cross
out “birds” and write in “Laister sailplanes”.

IVSM 2009
http://www.soaringmuseum.org/
Fourth International Vintage Sailplane Meet - June 27-July 4, 2009

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cam Martin
“Blue Jay” Laister LP-49 N7003 Tehachapi CA