Whats for Lunch?

Old January 2nd 05, 04:40 PM
culverflyer

Default Whats for Lunch?

What are X/C Pilots taking along for lunch on the there long flights?

Old January 2nd 05, 05:30 PM
tango4

For an all day excursion -

2 regular sandwiches
3 litres water
boiled sweets or Werthers butterscotch's

No point in suffering!

Ian

Old January 2nd 05, 10:21 PM
George Vranek

In addition to it I would reccomend the following: Before take off loose the
belt of your jeans and insert 2-3 ca. 2 litres plastic bags in the side
pocket of your glider.

George

Old January 3rd 05, 12:32 AM

140 oz Water
2 Sandwiches
2 Power Bars

Old January 3rd 05, 02:01 AM
Mal.com

Bananas, nuts all types but not peanuts, ginger chews, dried fruit ,
sandwiches ,minimum 3 litres of water,
wrote in message
oups.com...
140 oz Water
2 Sandwiches
2 Power Bars

Old January 3rd 05, 04:37 AM
tango4

Nope, just a decent pee tube in the glider!

Ian

Old January 3rd 05, 09:56 AM

tango4 wrote:
Nope, just a decent pee tube in the glider!

Ian

Water and dryed fruits

Matts

Old January 3rd 05, 07:17 PM
Eric Greenwell

culverflyer wrote:
What are X/C Pilots taking along for lunch on the there long flights?

100 oz of water
2 small bran muffins
handful of nuts and dried fruit
couple strips of beef jerky
1 apple for long flights

The above hold up well in cold and heat, the following should be eaten
more quickly in the summer:

once in a while, slice of cold pizza!

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA
Old January 4th 05, 08:18 PM
For Example John Smith

I take off after lunch--even if that means I eat lunch at 10 or 10:30.
I take with me -
2-3 Metrx (power bars)
100 oz Water
1 litre gatorade

Old January 6th 05, 07:03 PM
Tony

Nothing I could easily choke on. No pretzels/chips (crisps).

Isn't chewing gum also meant to help concentration?