New security bulletin

Old June 8th 04, 08:28 PM
gatt

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

They wouldn't have to shoot it down. Just fly about 100' under it at, say,

400 knots,
hit the burners and head straight up. If the guy doesn't have a heart

attack, and if
the wake turbulence doesn't turn the 150 into a collection of parts flying

a loose
formation, I'd bet junior birdman there would be willing to do absolutely

anything
that fighter pilot wants him to do.

Was a website some years ago by two guys who tried to see how close to Groom
Lake they could get in a Cessna without actually violating airspace. Had
photos. They were buzzed somewhat as you described. :

The other interesting photo was the transponder bulb. It was pegged solid.
He claims they were lit up so hard that it damaged the xpdr, but I don't see
how that's possible unless the bulb just overheated or something.

-c

Old June 8th 04, 10:35 PM
Teacherjh

There were a pair of EA6Bs about a week or two ago, must have been down from
Washington.

What are those - flying aviation computers?

Jose

Old June 9th 04, 12:00 AM
Dave Stadt

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

Teacherjh wrote:

Yes. I can imagine the newsgroups full of posts complaining about that

idiot
pilot and the harm he did to general aviation. I can see the

administration
feeding the press the story that this was a huge threat and pumping up

what
terrorist damage a small airplane can do, and that there was no time to
consider alternatives (like the cops who shoot somebody who brandishes a

toy
gun). I can see this as JUSTIFYING huge TFRs around events, with

multple rings
and multple escalations of force for intrusions.

I think you're exactly correct. In fact, I'd bet there are people in the

TSA who are
drooling over the opportunity to do exactly that.

There are rumblings in Washington that the TSA is no longer needed and
should be done away with. The thought is to return airport security to the
private sector.

George Patterson
None of us is as dumb as all of us.

Old June 9th 04, 01:14 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

Vigo wrote:

lol can you imagine the public backlash if an f15 blasted someone's c150

out
of the sky. I think this is an election year for you guys, so have no

fear I
can't see them shooting anyone down.

They wouldn't have to shoot it down. Just fly about 100' under it at, say,

400 knots,
hit the burners and head straight up. If the guy doesn't have a heart

attack, and if
the wake turbulence doesn't turn the 150 into a collection of parts flying

a loose
formation, I'd bet junior birdman there would be willing to do absolutely

anything
that fighter pilot wants him to do.

Yeah...that'd work! Why didn't I think of that? :~)

Old June 9th 04, 02:17 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Dave Stadt wrote:

There are rumblings in Washington that the TSA is no longer needed and
should be done away with. The thought is to return airport security to the
private sector.

In that case, I'm *sure* there are people in the TSA trying to create an incident
they can use to stay employed.

Old June 9th 04, 02:51 AM
Tom Sixkiller

Dave Stadt wrote:

There are rumblings in Washington that the TSA is no longer needed and
should be done away with. The thought is to return airport security to

the
private sector.

In that case, I'm *sure* there are people in the TSA trying to create an

incident
they can use to stay employed.

It worked for the BATF in Waco.

Old June 9th 04, 10:03 PM
Martin Hotze

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 08:12:39 -0700, NW_PILOT wrote:

what if they took a shot and missed what goes up must come down ware is all
that explosive going to go over a populated area how about the shrapnel from
the poor Cessna that get blow to smithereens.

collateral damage ...

but you know all them people
taking them pansy pills probably think it would be fireworks until shrapnel
started killing people. I could see the headline

eehhh ... that's ok ... it'S for the fight against terrorism.

don't you agree? you _have_ to agree.
no? are you a terrorist?

#m

--
Martin!!! Maaaaartiiiin!!! Can you please flame this guy for me?
'HECTOP' in rec.aviation.piloting