Happy 4th!

Old July 4th 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Happy 4th!

I was out at KEUL (yes, it is a cool airport!) this morning assembling
some hardware in my friend's hangar, and it was nice to see all the GA
activity. Quite a few departures and arrivals of various certified
and experimental planes, plus an impromptu flyby down the runway at
500AGL by a pair of A10's.

With all the doom and gloom about GA activity levels it was good to
see so many folks out enjoying the holiday in the air this morning.

Happy 4th to you all!

Dean

Old July 4th 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blueskies

wrote in message ups.com...
I was out at KEUL (yes, it is a cool airport!) this morning assembling
some hardware in my friend's hangar, and it was nice to see all the GA
activity. Quite a few departures and arrivals of various certified
and experimental planes, plus an impromptu flyby down the runway at
500AGL by a pair of A10's.

With all the doom and gloom about GA activity levels it was good to
see so many folks out enjoying the holiday in the air this morning.

Happy 4th to you all!

Dean

My favorite holiday...Happy 4th back at you!

Old July 4th 07, 11:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

wrote:

the holiday in the air this morning.

Happy 4th to you all!

Same to you.

And my thanks to the men who put it all on the line so we'd have something to
celebrate.

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Old July 4th 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Dan Luke wrote:
wrote:

the holiday in the air this morning.
Happy 4th to you all!

Same to you.

And my thanks to the men who put it all on the line so we'd have something to
celebrate.

And the women. :-)

Matt
Old July 5th 07, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

wrote in message
ups.com...
I was out at KEUL (yes, it is a cool airport!) this morning assembling
some hardware in my friend's hangar, and it was nice to see all the GA
activity. Quite a few departures and arrivals of various certified
and experimental planes, plus an impromptu flyby down the runway at
500AGL by a pair of A10's.

With all the doom and gloom about GA activity levels it was good to
see so many folks out enjoying the holiday in the air this morning.

Happy 4th to you all!

Dean

Glad to hear that all enjoyed the 4th, including the guys in the A10s.

Peter :-)

Old July 5th 07, 06:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

wrote)
I was out at KEUL (yes, it is a cool airport!) this morning assembling some
hardware in my friend's hangar, and it was nice to see all the GA activity.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KEUL
Caldwell Industrial Airport
Caldwell, Idaho, USA

Straight west of Boise - halfway to the Oregon border

Montblack

Old July 5th 07, 03:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Happy 4th to you all!

Back atcha! Independence Day is the best holiday of the year,
IMHO.

We flew up to our hometown of Racine, WI and enjoyed an honest-to-
goodness Independence Day celebration -- including a parade that
lasted FOoR HOURS! It started at 8:30 AM (with dozens of fire
engines and squad cars from all the surrounding communities) and
didn't finish till the street sweepers rolled at 12:30 PM.

It's funny -- I grew up with that parade -- even marched in it a few
times -- and took it completely for granted when I lived there. Only
after I moved to a university town chock-full of apathy did I come to
appreciate a truly patriotic demonstration like the Racine Fourth of
July Parade. (Aviation content: They had a two C-130s fly the length
of the parade route at tree-top level -- very cool!)

In contrast, Iowa City's parade consists of...nothing. There *is* no
parade, in a town of 65,000 people. (IC is a complete anomaly in this
regard, BTW. I don't mean to besmirch all of Iowa in general, because
every other town over 100 people has a parade of some sort.)

It was our first time back to Racine for the parade in ten years, and
I'm really glad to see that they still pull it together each year. (I
can't imagine the amount of work that goes into it.) We then enjoyed
a spectacular fireworks display over Lake Michigan, from the deck of a
friend's boat in the harbor. VERY cool, indeed.

Now, we're looking at flying home to Iowa very shortly. A perfect
holiday, indeed!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 5th 07, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
Happy 4th to you all!

Back atcha! Independence Day is the best holiday of the year,
IMHO.

These days, we should call it "Co-Dependance Day".

Old July 5th 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gene Seibel

On Jul 5, 9:19 am, Jay Honeck wrote:
Happy 4th to you all!

Back atcha! Independence Day is the best holiday of the year,
IMHO.

We flew up to our hometown of Racine, WI and enjoyed an honest-to-
goodness Independence Day celebration -- including a parade that
lasted FOoR HOURS! It started at 8:30 AM (with dozens of fire
engines and squad cars from all the surrounding communities) and
didn't finish till the street sweepers rolled at 12:30 PM.

Jay, we had a great one too. Flew down to Springfield, MO and spent
the day with family. The flight back to St Louis Regional began at
8:15 pm. From about Lebonan to St Louis (about 150 miles), there was
never more than a few seconds at a time that fireworks weren't going
off somewhere in our field of view, either coming up from below or
from the distant storm clouds to our southeast. It was an awesome
flight. Perhaps most interesting is that the nearly unlimited
visibility was brought down to 3 miles by a huge cloud of fireworks
residue drifting from downtown St Louis. That's some major weather
modification!
--
Gene Seibel
Tales of Flight - http://pad39a.com/gene/tales.html