Plane 172 fun video

Old January 30th 08, 02:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Plane 172 fun video

Just plane C172 fun

I was a back passenger during a precheckride lesson for a student and
was invited along for the ride. Normal takeoff, stall and fall and
Forward slip to no flap landing featured in this video.

Needless to say, being in the back seat of a Cessna allows for a
unique view out the back window for launch as compared to my
windowless Sundowner and the tire (without the wheel pants) on
landing. A stall was tossed in for good measures.

3 clips in one for the prices of 2 minutes 12 seconds of your
time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxrnJ0zwefk

And not to be lost in the video, in my NON CFI rated opinion....
student is checkride ready

Allen

NOTE Student did NOT know I was videoing until after the plane was
put to bed. I purposely did not tell him as I did not want to add to
any distraction factor.
Old January 30th 08, 04:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
WingFlaps

On Jan 30, 3:50*pm, " wrote:
[...]

Is that tire bald?

Cheers
Old January 30th 08, 04:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

WingFlaps wrote:
Is that tire bald?

Insensitive clod! It's just tread-challenged.

Jim "follicly challenged" Logajan
Old January 30th 08, 01:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jan 29, 10:45*pm, WingFlaps wrote:
On Jan 30, 3:50*pm, " wrote:

[...]

Cheers- Hide quoted text -

I'd agree with you, The tire has seen it's better days :-))))) Tread-
challenged is an understatement of the year Jim!

Allen
Old January 30th 08, 06:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

wrote

NOTE Student did NOT know I was videoing until after the plane was
put to bed. I purposely did not tell him as I did not want to add to
any distraction factor.

What; he did not see your video camera in the rear view mirror? g

ducking and running!
--
Jim in NC

Old January 30th 08, 06:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jan 30, 12:10*pm, "Morgans" wrote:
wrote

NOTE *Student did NOT know I was videoing until after the plane was
put to bed. *I purposely did not tell him as I did not want to add to
any distraction factor.

What; he did not see your video camera in the rear view mirror? g

ducking and running!
--
Jim in NC

Shucks Jim!

I been in my rear windowless Slowdowner so long, that here I thought
that was the whiskey compass on the glareshield.

Is that the new fangled rear view mirrors of these new fancy dancy
NEWER model Cessnas. Where is the reverse selection for backing up?

Allen
(Who learned in a N model)
Old January 31st 08, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john

Is that tire bald?

Cheers- Hide quoted text -

I'd agree with you, The tire has seen it's better days :-))))) Tread-
challenged is an understatement of the year Jim!

Nah, just one of those new high performance C172s with "racing tires"

Old January 31st 08, 02:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jan 30, 7:47*pm, john wrote:
Is that tire bald?

Cheers- Hide quoted text -

I'd agree with you, The tire has seen it's better days :-))))) *Tread-
challenged is an understatement of the year Jim!

Nah, just one of those new high performance C172s with "racing tires"

Even one better! Less parasitic drag from the lack of ridging of
treads! Better performance!
Old January 31st 08, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
WingFlaps

On Jan 31, 3:22*pm, " wrote:
On Jan 30, 7:47*pm, john wrote:

Is that tire bald?

Cheers- Hide quoted text -

I'd agree with you, The tire has seen it's better days :-))))) *Tread-
challenged is an understatement of the year Jim!

Nah, just one of those new high performance C172s with "racing tires"

Even one better! *Less parasitic drag from the lack of ridging of
treads! *Better performance!

The better performance depends on whether you want to stop or go... I
have no idea whether the tread would increase drag -it might even
decrease it!

But I would have thought the preflight should have flagged it? It's
difficult to see the tread with spatted wheels in long grass but seal
stainers have no excuse!

Cheers
Old January 31st 08, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

wrote

A: Shucks Jim!

A: I been in my rear windowless Slowdowner so long, that here I thought
that was the whiskey compass on the glareshield.

M: More annoying lack of marks.

M: Aw, don't worry; that one probably got broken off, from students (or
instructors) trying to check their makeup. g

A: Is that the new fangled rear view mirrors of these new fancy dancy
NEWER model Cessnas. Where is the reverse selection for backing up?

M: That would be the "Flintsone Airplane" option. You know, stick your
feet out the bottom, and beat feet!

It will work. I have experience with the "Flintsone Motorcycle" version.
I broke a clutch cable several miles from home, in the city. Coming up to a
stop light, I would pop it into neutral, with no clutch, of course. When
the light turned red, I would beat feet to get it rolling as fast as I
could, and with enough speed, it would not stall when I slammed it into
first gear.

Although it would involve cutting a hole in the bottom of your airplane, it
would make stopping in cases of brake failure possible, and make your
backing up an easy affair. Look, I have invented a new safety feature!

I won't even charge you for using my patent pending, or for the paperwork to
modify your plane! ;-)
--
Jim in NC