The ultimate OLC scoring machine?

Old July 18th 16, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Default The ultimate OLC scoring machine?

Apparently the new Stemme S12 has a great handicap.
A fantastic selling point for Stemme.
Jim
Old July 19th 16, 05:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Yes, found that out yesterday to my surprise. That I got beat by a 200 km flight Even Hangliders don't get that kind of handicap.
Old July 20th 16, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soartech

On Tuesday, July 19, 2016 at 12:06:35 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Yes, found that out yesterday to my surprise. That I got beat by a 200 km flight Even Hangliders don't get that kind of handicap.

So what is it? Not listed on the SSA list. All the Stemmes there are .886
Old July 20th 16, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Tuesday, July 19, 2016 at 4:44:40 PM UTC-7, Soartech wrote:
On Tuesday, July 19, 2016 at 12:06:35 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Yes, found that out yesterday to my surprise. That I got beat by a 200 km flight Even Hangliders don't get that kind of handicap.

So what is it? Not listed on the SSA list. All the Stemmes there are .886

Argh, the fun is over.
It was Marc Arnold's first flight in the S12 on Sunday 17th July. OLC did not have a proper handicap for the S12. It was listed as 11, giving Marc over 2000 points!
Cliff has moved to the top.
See below.
Jim

OLC-Team:
False INDEX corrected, Hannes.
Old July 20th 16, 01:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Monday, July 18, 2016 at 12:16:32 PM UTC-4, JS wrote:
Apparently the new Stemme S12 has a great handicap.
A fantastic selling point for Stemme.
Jim

It's about time.

I mean, we've all been hearing for years how much of a gliding performance handicap these poor motorglider pilots have, lugging around a big ole engine all day....

The old Stemme S-10 has the same OLC handicap as my ASW-20 (110.0) -- hardly fair since in addition to the engine it also has an extra 25 FEET of wingspan to lug around. So the 10x improvement in the S12 handicap (11.0) could be seen as overdue.

Or maybe it's just a slipped decimal place :-).

-Evan

Old July 20th 16, 03:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Faris

On Tuesday, July 19, 2016 at 5:44:40 PM UTC-6, Soartech wrote:
On Tuesday, July 19, 2016 at 12:06:35 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Yes, found that out yesterday to my surprise. That I got beat by a 200 km flight Even Hangliders don't get that kind of handicap.

So what is it? Not listed on the SSA list. All the Stemmes there are .886

The OLC index is taken from the DAeC Index. This is often much different than the SSA CH handicap.
Bob Faris

Scoring Brief Rick Fuller Soaring 6 July 5th 13 02:06 PM
Supersonic Green Machine - Supersonic Green Machine 464926main_m_supers_upper_engine_original_full_full.jpg (0/1) J3mia03 Aviation Photos 4 July 2nd 10 06:34 PM
Supersonic Green Machine - Supersonic Green Machine 464926main_m_supers_upper_engine_original_full_full.jpg (1/1) J3mia03 Aviation Photos 0 June 30th 10 10:36 PM
OLC scoring - USA Ian Cant Soaring 18 November 29th 05 08:43 PM
OLC scoring - USA Ian Cant Soaring 0 November 28th 05 04:09 AM