John Kerry: No ATC Privatization on His Watch

Old March 6th 04, 11:00 PM
Larry Dighera

Default John Kerry: No ATC Privatization on His Watch

While this AVflash blurb points the way for airmen at the ballot box,
I find it interesting that Kerry has overlooked the fact that it was
Clinton/Gore who initiated the notion ATC privatization.

AVflash Volume 10, Number 10b -- March 4, 2004

SUPER TUESDAY PLUS ONE, NATCA BACKS KERRY
Tuesday's primaries put Sen. John Kerry on track to be this year's
Democratic nominee for president, and that is fine with the folks
at the National Air Traffic Controllers Association (NATCA). The
union yesterday gave its enthusiastic support to Kerry, after he
courted them with a promise that there would be no ATC
privatization on his watch. "I have been disappointed with the Bush
administration's systematic plans to diminish our air traffic
control system," Kerry wrote to the controllers union. NATCA called
Kerry "the candidate who will ensure that the safety of the flying
public never takes a back seat to political ideology or special
interests." Actually, both Kerry and NATCA had a lot to say.
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#186834

Old March 7th 04, 12:14 AM
Ted

Larry Dighera wrote:

While this AVflash blurb points the way for airmen at the ballot box,
I find it interesting that Kerry has overlooked the fact that it was
Clinton/Gore who initiated the notion ATC privatization.

So does this mean that Kerry will be shutting down those awful PRIVATIZED
contract towers? The ones here in New England do a pretty good job, I had
no idea how terrible they were until Kerry told us.

By the way if you ever cross paths with Kerry, he's easy to spot. He's
the tall guy jumping in line, shouting "Do You Know Who I am???" at
everyone. Real man of the people, J. F. Kerry is.

Old March 7th 04, 12:44 AM
Bob Noel

In article , Larry Dighera
wrote:

While this AVflash blurb points the way for airmen at the ballot box,
I find it interesting that Kerry has overlooked the fact that it was
Clinton/Gore who initiated the notion ATC privatization.

yeah, I'm wondering where live shot was on this issue during
the clinton years.

In any case, I'm sure live shot won't waffle on this issue.

--
Bob Noel
Old March 7th 04, 02:00 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
In article , Larry Dighera
wrote:

While this AVflash blurb points the way for airmen at the ballot box,
I find it interesting that Kerry has overlooked the fact that it was
Clinton/Gore who initiated the notion ATC privatization.

yeah, I'm wondering where live shot was on this issue during
the clinton years.

In any case, I'm sure live shot won't waffle on this issue.

He'll probably turn over ATC functions to the UN after he's inaugurated.

Old March 7th 04, 04:19 AM
Jay Honeck

He'll probably turn over ATC functions to the UN after he's inaugurated.

Don't be absurd.

I'm sure he'll get Security Council approval first...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 7th 04, 05:01 AM
C J Campbell

Well, I am sure the controller's union will be happy about that.

Personally I have mixed feelings about privatization.

Old March 7th 04, 11:35 AM
Cub Driver

Well, I am sure the controller's union will be happy about that.

Evidently, given that it just endorsed Kerry

But in fact, there's no necessary connection. UPS is a private
company, but all its drivers are Teamsters.

(How in the world did privatized package delivery ever slip past the
government?)

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (requires authentication)

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old March 7th 04, 01:04 PM
Doug Carter

On 2004-03-07, Jay Honeck wrote:
He'll probably turn over ATC functions to the UN after he's inaugurated.

Don't be absurd.

I'm sure he'll get Security Council approval first...

;-)

And you'll be able to appeal your TFR bust to the International War
Crimes Tribunal!
Old March 7th 04, 04:36 PM
Newps

C J Campbell wrote:

Well, I am sure the controller's union will be happy about that.

Kerry could have come out for privatization and still got NATCA's
backing. It's a union, who else are they going to support?

Old March 7th 04, 09:03 PM
Chip Jones

"Newps" wrote in message

C J Campbell wrote:

Well, I am sure the controller's union will be happy about that.

Kerry could have come out for privatization and still got NATCA's
backing. It's a union, who else are they going to support?

After all, Stalin is dead and we can't find Hoffa...

Chip, NATCA ZTL