CUBI POINT - "CBUBI POINT.jpg" 90.4 KBytes

Old April 7th 08, 06:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Default CUBI POINT - "CBUBI POINT.jpg" 90.4 KBytes

This is where my Naval Aviator Dad did a lot of flying during the Viet Nam
War.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CBUBI POINT.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	24368
Old April 7th 08, 01:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Wayne Paul

The GoogleEarth image looks very strange. No aircraft carrier or combat
aircraft. That definitely isn't the way I remember Cubi Point. The first
time I visted Cubi was aboard the USS Constellation in 1964 and my last
visit was aboard the USS Enterprise in 1979. I also was there while serving
aboard the USS Ranger and USS Midway.

Wayne
VAH-10, VA-196, VA-115

Old April 7th 08, 11:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
the Legend of LAX

Default CUBI POINT - "CBUBI POINT.jpg"

Mike Henley wrote:

For those that have been there. The main gate at Subic Bay, with the bridge
crossing S__t River into Olongapo. A hi-rez photo taken by a F-14 Tarps pod,
September, 1983.

Boy does that bring back memories. The s..t river queens begging for
coins from their boats as you crossed that bridge in the evening, & the
little kids diving for them when the queens missed.

--
Dale G Elhardt
Cypress Ca
Old April 8th 08, 04:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

"Wayne Paul" wrote in
:

The GoogleEarth image looks very strange. No aircraft carrier or
combat aircraft. That definitely isn't the way I remember Cubi Point.
The first time I visted Cubi was aboard the USS Constellation in 1964
and my last visit was aboard the USS Enterprise in 1979. I also was
there while serving aboard the USS Ranger and USS Midway.

Wayne
VAH-10, VA-196, VA-115

Connie in '64...?

Does the name Don Rietz ring any bells? Old family friend, I believe he was
in the medical dept.

I mean, there were only what - 4000? folks aboard... Surely you knew them
all! ;^)

Bob ^,,^
Old April 8th 08, 05:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Wayne Paul

"Bob Harrington" wrote in message
"Wayne Paul" wrote in
:

The GoogleEarth image looks very strange. No aircraft carrier or
combat aircraft. That definitely isn't the way I remember Cubi Point.
The first time I visted Cubi was aboard the USS Constellation in 1964
and my last visit was aboard the USS Enterprise in 1979. I also was
there while serving aboard the USS Ranger and USS Midway.

Wayne
VAH-10, VA-196, VA-115

Connie in '64...?

Does the name Don Rietz ring any bells? Old family friend, I believe he
was
in the medical dept.

I mean, there were only what - 4000? folks aboard... Surely you knew them
all! ;^)

Bob

Bob,

I my have met him; however, the only time I spent in the medical department
was for my annual flight physical. I was in the air wing assigned to VAH-10
flying A-3B Skywarriors.

The attached picture was taken aboard the "Connie" off Vietnam. (Yankee
Station.)

Wayne

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VAH-10_A3_On_Cat.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	438.7 KB
ID:	24415
Old April 8th 08, 02:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Scubabix

Seeing a Whale on deck reminds me of the first time I stood on the deck of
Midway. I watched the whale landing and it scared the hell out of me.

Rob

Old April 9th 08, 02:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Wayne Paul

"Scubabix" wrote in message
Seeing a Whale on deck reminds me of the first time I stood on the deck of
Midway. I watched the whale landing and it scared the hell out of me.

Rob,

I have had the hell scared out of me many times in the process of
accumulating almost 300 carrier landing in "Whales" .

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

Old April 9th 08, 10:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

"Wayne Paul" wrote in
m:

Connie in '64...?

Does the name Don Rietz ring any bells? Old family friend, I believe
he was
in the medical dept.

I mean, there were only what - 4000? folks aboard... Surely you knew
them all! ;^)

Bob

Bob,

I my have met him; however, the only time I spent in the medical
department was for my annual flight physical. I was in the air wing
assigned to VAH-10 flying A-3B Skywarriors.

The attached picture was taken aboard the "Connie" off Vietnam.
(Yankee Station.)

Wayne

Niiiice.

I was all of about 9 at the time, but got a fairly detailed tour of the
Connie when she visited Seattle (probably for SeaFair) in 1964 or so. I
remember being impressed... =)

Bob ^,,^