New 172S

Old February 21st 04, 01:33 AM
R.Hubbell

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 17:16:06 GMT "Rob Thomas" wrote:

I am considering a Star. The thing that Cessna has going for it right now
is a great financing package through Cessna Finance Corp. I'm trying to
find out now if Star is working on matching that type of deal.

If the financing available is your criteria I think cessna will win
in that category. But that's the only category it will win.
I would be surprised if Diamond offered any discounts or big incentives.
They don't need to, like Cirrus I'll bet they have no shortage of purchasers.

R. Hubbell

r.

"R.Hubbell" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 03:29:39 GMT "Rob Thomas"

wrote:

Does anyone have any recent experience with purchasing a new 172S?

I'd like to know if there's any room for negotiation on the price of the
aircraft from the list price. Considering that Cessna has decreased
production, I'm beginning to think they will force a demand in the
marketplace.

I *FULLY* understand the arguments of the newsgroup against purchasing

new,
but with the current tax breaks for my business, purchasing new makes

sense.

The Diamonds are amazing. But don't take my word.

After reading about the Diamond 4-place (DA40-180) I don't know why

anyone
would buy a new 172. 75%@4000ft.
http://www.diamondair.com/contentc/da40photos.htm

Don't even look at the Diamond twin. Wow!

http://www.diamond-air.at/Pressebild...winStar/MEDIUM

I couldn't find out how much the twin costs??

I'll bet both these planes have a nice juicy backlog already.

R. Hubbell

r.

Old February 21st 04, 03:09 AM
Dude

Dude wrote:
Bonus depreciation is a great thing, but I would tell you to look at

other
models as well. Diamond and Tiger are my favorites in this class. I

would
only buy the Cessna if the others were not good ergonomically, or if I

were
planning to land on a rough strips (but then I would not buy new in

spite of
depreciation).

I went to a Diamond presentation last week.
The speaker (a VP in the company) said that the average out the door
price for the DA-40 is about $230K USd. (This is customer ordered with
options, not base.)

The DA-42 is expected to be out the door around $330k USd (?).
The engines will be TBR, time before replacement, at 1000 hours. This is
expected to increase with experience. There are about 40 flying in
Europe, working out the bugs before entry in the US market. Pricing is
not firm due to foreign exchange fluctuations on EU sourced parts
(ie-engines).

I bet that 330 is Euro, or Canadian. They were saying 360US originally, and
that was when the euro was less than or even to the dollar. Diamond meets a
lot of their projections, better than most aviation companies, but I
would'nt bet on anything less than 400 with what most folks will want.
Still gotta be making them nervous at Piper though.