Some recommendations for using a SPOT device for cross-countrysoaring

Old August 2nd 10, 12:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_12_]

Default Some recommendations for using a SPOT device for cross-countrysoaring

I've been using my SPOT1 tracker for a few years now, and helping
others with theirs. I've compiled some 'good practices' notes that I
thought I would share with the soaring community. These are just my
own thoughts, and should not be taken as having any 'official'
weight. If anyone has better ideas about how to use SPOT (or other
tracking devices), I would love to hear it.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub...k9wHzWmyPe8Dao

Regards,

Frank
Old August 2nd 10, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

On Aug 1, 4:27*pm, Frank wrote:
I've been using my SPOT1 tracker for a few years now, and helping
others with theirs. *I've compiled some 'good practices' notes that I
thought I would share with the soaring community. *These are just my
own thoughts, and should not be taken as having any 'official'
weight. *If anyone has better ideas about how to use SPOT (or other
tracking devices), I would love to hear it.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub...eCP62vWNSX3UGk....

Regards,

Frank

Thanks Frank, Great ideas.
Old August 4th 10, 03:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_12_]

On Aug 1, 9:52*pm, SoaringXCellence wrote:
On Aug 1, 4:27*pm, Frank wrote:

I've been using my SPOT1 tracker for a few years now, and helping
others with theirs. *I've compiled some 'good practices' notes that I
thought I would share with the soaring community. *These are just my
own thoughts, and should not be taken as having any 'official'
weight. *If anyone has better ideas about how to use SPOT (or other
tracking devices), I would love to hear it.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub...eCP62vWNSX3UGk....

Regards,

Frank

Thanks Frank, Great ideas.

I see that some pilots here at the U.S. 15m nationals are taking the
time to send out an OK message after landing back at the home
airport. Not a bad idea, as this sort of 'caps off' the flight with
an email and/or cellphone text message to confirm safe return. I
think I'll start doing that myself ;-).

Regards,

Frank (TA)