Wave Soaring video - Mt Washington

Old October 19th 10, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T8

Default Wave Soaring video - Mt Washington

This is 'keychain cam" video, straight from the camera. In addition
to the annoying time stamp, the aspect ratio is wrong. For some
unfathomable reason, the camera shoots 640 x 480, 4:3 aspect ratio and
resamples to 720 x 480 which results in the squashed perspective (can
be fixed in editing, of course). But even with those faults, it's a
pretty cool view.

Enjoy (best in 480). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POuR5YH5gcM

-Evan Ludeman / T8
Old October 19th 10, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On Oct 19, 8:00*am, T8 wrote:
This is 'keychain cam" video, straight from the camera. *In addition
to the annoying time stamp, the aspect ratio is wrong. *For some
unfathomable reason, the camera shoots 640 x 480, 4:3 aspect ratio and
resamples to 720 x 480 which results in the squashed perspective (can
be fixed in editing, of course). *But even with those faults, it's a
pretty cool view.

Enjoy (best in 480). *http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POuR5YH5gcM

-Evan Ludeman / T8

nice video! I have one of these cameras also, I use a 4gb card and
usually end up with about an hour of raw footage. problem is native
format does not load into Sony Vegas, but I downloaded a free video
converter and converted the .avi file to a mpeg file and Vegas reads
it.

the soaring/tech/nerd community needs to use one of these types of
cameras, merge it with simple RC gear and repackage it into a slick
little housing that can be taped onto the glider and remotely turned
on and off. then we could have more usable footage and longer videos.

Brad
Old October 20th 10, 01:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

On Oct 19, 9:30*am, Brad wrote:
On Oct 19, 8:00*am, T8 wrote:

[...]

Being able to turn it on or off in flight would be great, but even
with their bugs and glitches, they are a fantastic value. For the
price of one (commercial) tow, you can get a couple of them!