Oshkosh

Old June 25th 06, 07:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Oshkosh

I am planning to see Oshkosh air show this July ....... It is first time for
me
Thinking to Drive in my RV up there...... Any tips and tricks where to camp
? as close as possible.
Any other guidence will be helpfull from those who been there before. Thanks
in advance

Old June 25th 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

In article ,
" wrote:

I am planning to see Oshkosh air show this July ....... It is first time for
me
Thinking to Drive in my RV up there...... Any tips and tricks where to camp
? as close as possible.
Any other guidence will be helpfull from those who been there before. Thanks
in advance

airventure.org for information.
Old June 26th 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

" wrote in message
. ..
I am planning to see Oshkosh air show this July ....... It is first time
for me
Thinking to Drive in my RV up there...... Any tips and tricks where to
camp ? as close as possible.
Any other guidence will be helpfull from those who been there before.
Thanks in advance

go there about a week before the show and you *might* get a spot close to
the entrance.

this year will be the first in 5 years that I do not go. I am in the middle
of buying a house and starting a new job and cannot get any time off

your first time? go the whole week. I am *just* a space nut and the NASA and
spaceshipone seminars will keep you so busy that you'll never an airplane.

bring lots of cash. food is priced about the same as county fairs.

if you cant get in the campgrounds early, a bike is a must. also a backpack
so you can carry in camera, a bottle of water (refill taps everywhere, no
charge) and snacks. a big backpack to truck away all the info flyers that
you'll pick up.

check the website, lots more tips.

take a good look at the map before driving in, the is a on-ramp that you can
get into the campgrounds easier than the standard route, which is always
clogged(its on the south edge of the campgrounds). look at where pobernzy
drive ends at the south. nearly zero traffic that way. drive the RV, don't
gawk at the planes, lot of fender benders that way.

a lightweight hat with a full brim looks ugly, but shades your neck where
you forget to apply sunscreen.

pack a towel in your backpack to sit on during the afternoon airshow. or tie
a folding chair to your bike. not too likely it'll get stolen at the bike
parking(saw 5 segways parked at the bike parking once)

a moped is more comfortable than a bike, especially after walking all day.

you can pay for your campsite, tickets and programs at the cap registration
desk. if staying for more than 3 days get the EAA membership and you'll save
money (I think, might be savings only with guest)

tell any volunteer you talk to that it's your first time, and they should be
patient and help. when they tell you to move, get outa the way! usually
means they are busy.

oh, use the trams when possible, saves foot steps.

be patient, be courteous, be helpful.

Oshkosh rocks

Old June 26th 06, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

In article ,
"Tater Schuld" wrote:

if you cant get in the campgrounds early, a bike is a must. also a backpack
so you can carry in camera, a bottle of water (refill taps everywhere, no
charge) and snacks. a big backpack to truck away all the info flyers that
you'll pick up.

Bicycles were available last year for $10 from Goodwill outside the
northwest corner of the airport. Many of us kept them for the week then
returned them and received a tax receipt.

Got any EAA Oshkosh memorabilia? Jay Honeck Owning 0 October 15th 05 08:36 PM
Got any EAA Oshkosh memorabilia? Jay Honeck Home Built 0 October 15th 05 08:36 PM
Oshkosh Reflections Jay Honeck Home Built 54 August 16th 05 09:24 PM
Oshkosh Reflections Jay Honeck Owning 44 August 7th 05 02:31 PM
How I got to Oshkosh (long) Doug Owning 2 August 18th 03 12:05 AM