Need GPS flight logs in NMEA format...

Old February 9th 08, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Need GPS flight logs in NMEA format...

....playing with some flight eval software, don't want IGC files. If
you have flights logged with a generic GPS (not a certified IGC
logger) please let me know. They should be complete from takeoff to
landing.

Thanks, Tom

Old February 9th 08, 09:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
nimbusgb

On 9 Feb, 01:15, wrote:
...playing with some flight eval software, don't want IGC files. If
you have flights logged with a generic GPS (not a certified IGC
logger) please let me know. They should be complete from takeoff to
landing.

Thanks, Tom

Buy yourself a copy of Condor Flight sim and you can produce hours and
hours and hours of NMEA data straight out of the serial port

Ian
Old February 9th 08, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

FlyWithCE Navigator http://www.flywithce.com/ saves flight logs with any GPS
that can communicate with the PDA, GPS MOUSE, CF or SD Card GPS, Wireless
Bluetooth GPS as well as any of the IGC approved loggers. See my page for
some examples
http://www.wingsandwheels.com/lx_nav...ies_for_ip.htm The
flight logs are identical in appearance to the approved loggers IGC logs and
can be viewed and transferred just as the IGC Logs to PC with any of the
available viewing programs.
You can download FlyWithCE Navigator for free and use it in the same way as
if you had bought the programs, not simply in a simulator, the free
evaluation is fully functional and can save logs that you can use for your
evaluation.....in the free download only after 30 days you will lose some
features, like logging flights, setting tasks and viewing some background
maps.
Try it...you can then use the logs directly for your purposes.
tim

Old February 11th 08, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Buy yourself a copy of Condor Flight sim and you can produce hours and
hours and hours of NMEA data straight out of the serial port

Ian

Thanks Ian, that's a very cool feature - good tip! ...Tom
Old February 11th 08, 08:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
nimbusgb

On 11 Feb, 16:51, wrote:
Buy yourself a copy of Condor Flight sim and you can produce hours and
hours and hours of NMEA data straight out of the serial port

Ian

Thanks Ian, that's a very cool feature - good tip! ...Tom

Its a very handy feature for anyone trying to get to grips with their
new installation of SeeYou Mobile, Winpilot or other pda based
software too. You can connect the PDA to the simulator PC in exactly
the same way it would be done in the aircraft and then fly the
simulator using the PDA for nav. Gets you used to all the
functionality, increases your confidence and prevents head down flying
in real life.

Ian
Old February 14th 08, 02:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mich

software too. You can connect the PDA to the simulator PC in exactly
the same way it would be done in the aircraft and then fly the
simulator using the PDA for nav. Gets you used to all the

Please explain this a little bit.

Thnx,
Condor pilot ;-)

Old February 15th 08, 09:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
nimbusgb

On 14 Feb, 13:13, "mich" wrote:
software too. You can connect the PDA to the simulator PC in exactly
the same way it would be done in the aircraft and then fly the
simulator using the PDA for nav. Gets you used to all the

Please explain this a little bit.

Thnx,
Condor pilot ;-)

Make sure you have a serial port on your PC an original one or a USB /
Serial convertor works as well.

Go into Condor setup ( where you set the joysticks, graphics and other
options )
Click on the options tab
Tick the box that enables NMEA output
Select your output port.

When you fly condor you will have NMEA coming out of the seral port,
Condor has implemented a stream similar to a Colibri/LX160 output so
you have vario and GPS data present.

Conect the PDA to the Serial port on the PC and fire up your favorite
flight software, I use SeeYou mobile and SeeYou but the proceedure is
the same for any other software.

Now you can spend fruitfull hours flying about and getting to know
your PDA functionality really well without any danger.

It also lets you sort out what you need to do for task declarations
and uploads etc. Takes all the stress out of life when its at the
airfield and for real!

Have a look at http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/thum..._album=7634186

I think we are under under utilising simulators as a training aid. The
trend is starting and I can see every club having at least a PC based
sim for supporting training in the future.

PS: Any comments about the state of my workstation will be ignored!

Ian