rec.aviation.homebuilt

Old July 14th 03, 12:48 PM
ower

Default rec.aviation.homebuilt

Trolls are those jerks flaming other people posting in this ng.

ower

"Wooduuuward" skrev i meddelandet
Sorry for 'bumming' all you people out. I didn't know I was
a troll, what ever that is. I was looking for conversation in
homebuild aircraft and tried to contribute and 'spar ' in the
right manner.
Everyone seems to be into 'real' aircraft and set in their ways
of doing things.
I apologize for not knowing 'all the rules and regs'.
I won't come back.
Happy flying.
Wooduuuward.

Old July 15th 03, 12:23 AM
Ed Sullivan

"ower" wrote in message ...
Trolls are those jerks flaming other people posting in this ng.

ower

"Wooduuuward" skrev i meddelandet
Sorry for 'bumming' all you people out. I didn't know I was
a troll, what ever that is. I was looking for conversation in
homebuild aircraft and tried to contribute and 'spar ' in the
right manner.
Everyone seems to be into 'real' aircraft and set in their ways
of doing things.
I apologize for not knowing 'all the rules and regs'.
I won't come back.
Happy flying.
Wooduuuward.

Actually ower, trolls by definition are people who have no particular
interest in the newsgroup they post to. Their only aim is to elicit
any kind of response which they think validates them somehow. We have
a long history of dealing with them here. Their opening gambits become
fairly easy to identify.
Unfortunately some of us can't resist the temptation to land in the
middle of them which is what they really want. Wooduuuward by his own
reply pretty much indicated that he just wanted debate and wasn't
particularly interested in any homebuilding problem.

Ed Sullivan
Old July 15th 03, 05:10 AM
Fastglasair

Don't worry about fastglasair. The ******* is a lying sack of shingles. He
raised holy hell with me about carrying a concealed weapon in California on
an
Arizona permit. When I told him that if I saw the weapon, I'd probably call
911, he went ballistic.
Today I received a package of targets I'm supposed to wear on my chest in the
vicinity of my heart (according to his instructions). The man is one bubble
off level. In addition to being an aerodynamic and propulsion zero,

the clown is one step
beyond reality.

Shine this thread on.

Jim

I don't know whats with you Jim. A week ago I asked you about Ground Planes in
Plastic Airplanes and now I get this. What did I do to deserve this. If this is
how you treat "Newbies" I'm out of here, Between you and "Bob", it's not worth
the hastle.

Thats a pretty slanderous statement you made about me. I don't even own a
handgun, only hunting rifles. Maybe you need to check yourself into the Grass
Valley Psych clinic.

I Guess this makes Jim a TROLL .
Old July 15th 03, 05:33 AM
Richard Lamb

Fastglasair wrote:
Jim

I don't know whats with you Jim. A week ago I asked you about Ground Planes in
Plastic Airplanes and now I get this. What did I do to deserve this. If this is
how you treat "Newbies" I'm out of here, Between you and "Bob", it's not worth
the hastle.

Thats a pretty slanderous statement you made about me. I don't even own a
handgun, only hunting rifles. Maybe you need to check yourself into the Grass
Valley Psych clinic.

I Guess this makes Jim a TROLL .

I don't know who you are (or who you think you are)(or care)
or what your agenda is. (or care).

What I see is some kind of slavering personal attack on a well respected
member
of our little community.

Sir, You suck.

Richard
Old July 15th 03, 01:00 PM
Owe

"Ed Sullivan" skrev i meddelandet
om...
"ower" wrote in message

[...]

OK I was wrong. Sorry. Thought trolls where just what I wrote.

Have a nice day ower

Old July 15th 03, 07:16 PM
Barnyard BOb --

Here's a question for you then BOb, one I've always wondered about:
Why do you assume the mantle of resident curmudgeon?

Corky (basically I'm just curious) Scott

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Insanity, mostly.

No, I'm not nuts*...
but, the collective nature of r.a.h. does appear
to hint at mental malfunction or just 'plane' fun
on an almost regular basis. ;-o

Dead Ed or somebody started calling me
a curmudgeon for my responses and I
went along with the program by fanning
the flames when it seemed befitting.
So far, so bad... don't you think?

FWIW...
The 'barnyard' handle came
along just as serendipitously.

* That's what all crazy people say.

Barnyard BOb - stranger than fiction
Old July 16th 03, 06:57 PM
Ed Sullivan

Barnyard BOb -- wrote in message . ..
"Richard Isakson" wrote:

"Barnyard BOb --" wrote ...

FWIW...
The 'barnyard' handle came
along just as serendipitously.

BOb,

Bob, ask your friend Stricker who first labled themselves Curmudgeon.

Dead Ed

Have you forgotten already that it was our good friend Brian Gunn that hung
that mantle on you?

Rich

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HELL NO !
How could anyone ever forget Brian Gunn?

Although, 'curmudgeon' and 'barnyard' monikers are not
of my making, my embracing of these derogatory terms
have given them AND ME, a cyber life much longer
than the combinations legitimately deserve, IMO. ;o)

In my mind, 'serendipity deserves whatever credit...
or blame is due.

Serendipity....
1. The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident.

Barnyard BOb -- resident curmudgeon