Heating the hanger

Old December 14th 05, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Heating the hanger

"George Patterson" wrote in message
Tri-Pacer wrote:

I just bought 5 gallons of kerosene and the bill was over $50.00

Ten dollars a gallon for *kerosene*?

Find a different supplier.

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.

Even Signature is cheaper.

Old December 14th 05, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Is't jp4 a mixture of jet a and avgas?

jet a is more like kerosene.

Anybody???

Paul kgyy wrote:
There used to be kerosene (JP4?) heaters that just required electricity
and generated huge amounts of heat. Don't know if those exist any
more, but check ebay.

Old December 14th 05, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

The routine for most airports is to sump (drain) a pint or two of jet-a a
day out of the big tank or the fuel truck to look for water and crap. They
used to just dump it out like we dump the fuel out of the fuel sampler
(shhhh, don't tell EPA).

I put a red plastic gas can on the fuel truck and asked them to dump the
"contaminated" jet-a into the gas can every day. Doesn't take long for me
to get five gallons of kerosene that way, and it's free and the
environmentalists stay happy too. win, win, win.

Jim

"Tri-Pacer" wrote in message
I just bought 5 gallons of kerosene and the bill was over $50.00

Ouch gonna be a cold winter

Paul
N1431A
"

Old December 14th 05, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

A heated hanger keeps your coat nice and warm in the winter; a heated
hangar keeps your plane nice and warm in the winter. :)

--
Remve "_" from email to reply to me personally.
Old December 14th 05, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

The Visitor writes:

Is't jp4 a mixture of jet a and avgas?

jet a is more like kerosene.

Jet A is pure kerosene.

--
A host is a host from coast to
Old December 14th 05, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

I just bought 5 gallons of kerosene and the bill was over $50.00

That *has* to be a typo.

Just buy jet fuel from your FBO. We burn it in our torpedo heater (it's
designed for kerosene) at the hangar, and it works great.

Current cost is about $3 per gallon.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 14th 05, 11:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Tri-Pacer wrote:

I just bought 5 gallons of kerosene and the bill was over $50.00

Either you made a typo or you got taken badly. Kero is still under
$3/gallon here in PA.

Matt

Old December 15th 05, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

("Tri-Pacer" wrote)
My computer made me do it That should have been 15 gallons

Still gonna be a cold winter.

I just bought 5 gallons of kerosene and the bill was over $50.00

I have an option to buy 4 cans (20 gallons total) of kerosene ...and get
two, new in the box, heaters thrown in to boot. These are bigger units -
upright. Many BTU's.

They were a donation for our theater's fundraiser. They didn't sell at the
garage sale last spring, or this fall. Whole works is mine if I want it: 2
heaters + 20gals of kerosene = $50.

Might be a stocking stuffer ...for me.

Montblack

Days as a hanger rat Jack Allison Owning 33 May 12th 05 03:01 AM
Hanger and gliders hit by storm. [email protected] Soaring 6 February 1st 05 01:44 AM
Yankee Air Force hanger has burned. GraveRobber Restoration 0 October 10th 04 02:52 AM
Hanger space S. Florida smf Owning 2 September 13th 04 05:15 AM
objects near hanger doors at Groom Lake miso Military Aviation 4 May 23rd 04 08:59 PM