How to store a B-52 in my garage ???

Old June 15th 05, 02:46 PM
sonja

Check out "find messages by this author" on google groups!

I say he'd fit nicely in the soaring community ;-)

Old June 15th 05, 03:00 PM
COLIN LAMB

It will fit into the garage, you are just doing it wrong.

1. Remove cat and Yugo from garage.
2. Fly B-52.
3. Over garage, point nose straight down.
4. With enough speed, it will fit.
5. If you did not file a flight plan, that will be reported as the cause of
the crash.

Old June 16th 05, 11:51 PM

Take off the engines. In that case in a gliding society we can be of
service. Now unfortunately not. Good luck.

Old June 17th 05, 09:00 AM
Malcolm Austin

Thoughts on the comment below.

1/ So supposing we take the engines off, and then get the C of G back to
where it should be?

2/ Does anyone know of a 4 mile wide thermal to get lift from, or do we
have to tow it to some wave? Guess we would need a war ship towing into a
100 kt wind to do a winch launch!

3/ So just what would it glide angle be in this configuration? It's got
huge and efficient wings (but at what airspeed) for a start!

:-)

oups.com...

Old June 17th 05, 09:44 AM
ctrl