North Aire floats.

Old February 5th 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans

Default North Aire floats.

"Ed Sullivan" wrote

I think that is piqued, engines peak

You know, I didn't think that was right, but couldn't think of the right
one. I couldn't look it up without a spelling, then.

But, look at it this way; I have never been as interested in wood floats, as
now. That means my interest is at a peak, right? g
--
Jim in NC

Old February 6th 07, 05:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack

("Morgans" wrote)
But, look at it this way; I have never been as interested in wood floats,
as now. That means my interest is at a peak, right? g

Your looking a little peaked, I dare say.

Montblack

Old February 6th 07, 08:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans

"Montblack" wrote in message
("Morgans" wrote)
But, look at it this way; I have never been as interested in wood floats,
as now. That means my interest is at a peak, right? g

Your looking a little peaked, I dare say.

Your what? g
--
Jim in NC

Old February 6th 07, 05:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack

("Morgans" wrote)
Your looking a little peaked, I dare say.

Your what? g

Capt. Oskar Steiger: [inside the German bunker] Sir, the Americans have
taken Palermo!

General Alfred Jodl: Damn!

Messenger: [after pulling up to Monty's command post] Sir, Patton's taken
Palermo!

Field Marshal Sir Bernard Law Montgomery: Damn!

Patton (1970)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066206/quotes

Montyblack

Old February 6th 07, 09:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

Your looking a little peaked, I dare say.

Your what? g

Capt. Oskar Steiger: [inside the German bunker] Sir, the Americans have
taken Palermo!

General Alfred Jodl: Damn!

Messenger: [after pulling up to Monty's command post] Sir, Patton's taken
Palermo!

Field Marshal Sir Bernard Law Montgomery: Damn!

Patton (1970)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066206/quotes

Montyblack

There were some I hadn't heard before. They were ... really something.

Peter

Old February 7th 07, 05:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Fortunat1

"Morgans" wrote in
:

"Fortunat1" wrote

Well, I imagine that metal floats might be more maintenence free and
easier to repair, not to mention more impervious to getting water
logged. having said that, I don't know enough about either to make an
informed decision there, but more than that I just want to try
something in sheet metal, never having made more than cowlings and
covers out of the stuff before..

Understood...

Although, metal corrodes, especially in sal****er.

Well, yes, but I'm not planning on any sal****er

Wood does not. It also does not matter to wood one little bit if the
water is salt or fresh.

Wood boat has been done for many years. Epoxy coatings make wood
practically immune to rot. Some also use wood as a core, and a very
thin fiberglass coating inside and out to protect the wood. Some of
the best looking and best performing homebuilts are built that way.

You have to follow your own heart with a material choice, of course,
but don't write off wood.

Already have..