Looking for info on Flyins

Old February 5th 04, 11:23 AM
Chris Whitley

Default Looking for info on Flyins

Hi all new to the group and looking for info on local flyins I am in Ga. and
understand there is one planed for march in Dublin.
any info would be great

Thanks
Chris Whitley

Old February 5th 04, 11:12 PM
Rick Pellicciotti

Chris Whitley wrote:

Hi all new to the group and looking for info on local flyins I am in Ga. and
understand there is one planed for march in Dublin.
any info would be great

Thanks
Chris Whitley

Chris,

Check out:
http://www.flyins.com

Search on GA

Old February 5th 04, 11:26 PM
Bob Olds

"Chris Whitley" wrote in message news:IIpUb.227293$xy6.1159171@attbi_s02...
Hi all new to the group and looking for info on local flyins I am in Ga. and
understand there is one planed for march in Dublin.
any info would be great

Thanks
Chris Whitley

ANSWER :

Chris; just join EAA and you get the national magazine every month
with the fly-in schedule. Or go to www.eaa.org to see the list.
You don't get all the "PECKY" BS,such as what follows, that way.

Bob Olds RV-4
Charleston,Arkansas

Old February 6th 04, 12:41 AM
Henry and Debbie McFarland

Chris,

In April, we typically attend Sun'n Fun down in Lakeland, Fla. In May,
there's the yearly fly-in at Moontown, Ala. (3M5), a wonderful grass strip
just south of Huntsville. In July, there's the Cracker Fly-In at
Gainesville, Ga. (GVL).There's not much during the summer in the our area
due to the haze and heat. There are numerous airshows, but I'm listing
fly-ins as per your request. In September, our gang hits the LaFayette
Fly-In at LaFayette, Ga.(9A5), and then in October, the perfect flying
weather here, there are too many to attend. The first weekend is SERFI in
Evergreen, Ala. (http://www.serfi.org/) We didn't attend this one last year
as it conflicted with a private fly-in we like to fly to. The second weekend
is my favorite fly-in bar none: The Thomasville Fly-In at Thomasville, Ga.
(http://www.thomasvilleflyin.com/) The third weekend in October is the Great
Coosa Valley Fly-In in Rome, Ga. (http://www.romefestivals.org/fly_in.htm)
and the first weekend in November finds us at Calhoun, Ga. (CZL).

Most of these are in the northern part of the state, and I'm sure there are
just as many in your area. Go to www.southernaviator.com for more info on
fly-ins around the South and
http://www.autopilotmagazine.com/georgiaissue.html for info that is state
specific.

For info about aviation in Georgia in general try:
http://www.georgiawings.com/

Post if you get more info about the Dublin fly-in. We'd love to fly down.
BTW, Vidalia has a great airshow during the Onion Festival in May. There
several aircraft-type specific fly-ins around also that we attend.

Deb
--
1946 Luscombe 8A (His)
1948 Luscombe 8E (Hers)

Old February 6th 04, 04:54 AM
Ed Sullivan

"karel adams" wrote in message ...
"Chris Whitley" schreef in bericht
Hi all new to the group and looking for info on local flyins I am in

Ga. and
understand there is one planed for march in Dublin.

your pardon?
you mean to (fly/travel) from Georgia to Ireland?
just for a fly-in?
and then mind you fly-ins generally don't march.... neither do they
plane....

(excuse me for being pecky if it hurts you)

Don't pay any attention to him Karel, Some jackasses just bray to show
what they are. Some one will probably be able to answer your question.
Also you might check around the FBOs at your local airport for some
aircraft publications they usually have a listing. Also check the EAA
website, EAA.org

Ed Sullivan
Old February 6th 04, 05:24 AM
Dumber than Dumb

Ed Sullivan wrote:

Don't pay any attention to him Karel,

Who the **** are you quoting Ed...... If you were smart enough to reply
you would think you would also be smart enough to sort out who asked
the simple question

"Chris Whitley"

Hi all new to the group and looking for info on local flyins I am in
Ga. and understand there is one planed for march in Dublin.

And who made the jackass reply

"karel adams" wrote in message

your pardon?
you mean to (fly/travel) from Georgia to Ireland?
just for a fly-in?

Your buds are right Ed you are dead..... Brain dead.
Old February 6th 04, 10:30 PM
Ed Sullivan

Dumber than Dumb wrote in message ...
Ed Sullivan wrote:

Don't pay any attention to him Karel,

Who the **** are you quoting Ed...... If you were smart enough to reply
you would think you would also be smart enough to sort out who asked
the simple question

"Chris Whitley"

Hi all new to the group and looking for info on local flyins I am in
Ga. and understand there is one planed for march in Dublin.

And who made the jackass reply

"karel adams" wrote in message

your pardon?
you mean to (fly/travel) from Georgia to Ireland?
just for a fly-in?

Your buds are right Ed you are dead..... Brain dead.

Well scuse me, I just responded to what seemed a fair question **** head.
I didn't realize I had stumbled into a sophmoric ****ing contest.

Ed Sullivan
Old February 6th 04, 10:50 PM
nauga

Ed Sullivan" wrote:

I didn't realize I had stumbled into a sophmoric ****ing contest.

Well, you did see rec.aviation.homebuilt in the
header, didn't you? :-)

Dave 'higher, farther, faster' Hyde

Old February 8th 04, 02:57 PM
RU ok

Ed Sullivan wrote:

Don't pay any attention to him Karel,

Who the **** are you quoting Ed...... If you were smart enough to reply
you would think you would also be smart enough to sort out who asked
the simple question

"Chris Whitley"

Hi all new to the group and looking for info on local flyins I am in
Ga. and understand there is one planed for march in Dublin.

And who made the jackass reply

"karel adams" wrote in message

your pardon?
you mean to (fly/travel) from Georgia to Ireland?
just for a fly-in?

Your buds are right Ed you are dead..... Brain dead.

Well scuse me, I just responded to what seemed a fair question **** head.
I didn't realize I had stumbled into a sophmoric ****ing contest.

Ed Sullivan

I must be very ill or r.a.h. is going to hell in a hand basket.

Normally, I would be jumping in with both feet....
spouting my 2 cents at any hint of a *sophomoric* ****ing contest.

P.S.

Hi, Edwardo.
Your still the 'Toast of the Town'.
Keep up the good work g

Barnyard BOb - over 50 years of successful flight

Old February 8th 04, 08:13 PM
Ed Sullivan

Ed Sullivan wrote:

[...]

Thanks for them kind words, Bob. My server quit carrying newsgroups so
I had to quit using Agent and switched to Google wherein I can't seem
to tell who posted first or last. I apparently mixed up the two and
chastised the wrong
poster. Since I don't know either of them from Adam's off ox and was
mainly trying to object to an oafish reply, I don't think I'll
apologize to either.

Ed Sullivan - over 60 years of *mostly* successful flight