Flight Of The Valkyries, pt 3 - XB-70 33.jpg (1/1)

Old October 16th 08, 01:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman Mitchell Holman is offline
Banned

Default Flight Of The Valkyries, pt 3 - XB-70 33.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	XB-70 33.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	29832
Old October 24th 08, 04:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
T.L. Davis

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 07:51:12 -0500, Mitchell Holman
wrote:

XB-70 33.jpg

Mitch;

Does this photograph originate from the flight in which the mid-air
between the XB-70 and the F-104 took place? I don't remember the same
accompanying aircraft in any other flights.

It does appear in this photo that the F-104 is quite close to the
bomber. As I recall, the Starfighter was caught in a vortex flow and
rolled across the top of the wing, taking out the vertical stabs.

If this is from that flight it's the first color photo I've seen prior
to the incident, and its great resolution. Thanks for this post,
there's some in here that I've never seen!

I'm working on a flying wing RC model in which the wing tips will be
foldable.

Got any B-58s??

T. Davis
Old October 24th 08, 04:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_2_] Mitchell Holman[_2_] is offline
Banned

T.L. Davis wrote in
:

wrote:

XB-70 33.jpg

Mitch;

Does this photograph originate from the flight in which the mid-air
between the XB-70 and the F-104 took place?

Yes.

See also #27 in the series. It is also in color.

Old October 24th 08, 02:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bruce R

"T.L. Davis" wrote in message

I'm working on a flying wing RC model in which the wing tips will be
foldable.

Also being an RC enthusiast, I really hope a few picture will be
forthcoming. Also when you post the video, give us the link.

Bruce