Its About Time I Finally Got Me A Birdie

Old March 18th 04, 05:03 AM
Ben Jackson

In article . net,
Paul Folbrecht wrote:
I had one made out for over $70K myself a couple months ago for a lot
purchase. Wouldn't have gone there with $70K in briefcases.

Sir, I offer you 175 fine leather briefcases for your fine property!

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Old March 18th 04, 05:20 AM
Jürgen Exner

"Jon Kraus" wrote in message
I meant cash.... I just told them to convert the dead presidents into a

cashiers check....

Well, a check (no matter if personal or certified or cashiers or even money
order) is certainly not cash.

jue

Old March 18th 04, 06:44 AM
MRQB

You speak it well there bob, We should not be asked what we are doing with
the money that we withdraw from the bank and if I want to go buy something I
don't want everyone knowing what I purchase. What I purchase is my business
not my banks nor the governments, yes your bank will release your records.

"Bob Fry" wrote in message
Jon Kraus writes:

Paper trail is fine with me.... Nothing to hide here...

Hmmm....thoughtful people would not agree with that, including our
founders. Why bother to have constitutional rights against
unreasonable searches and seizures? You've got nothing to hide, eh?
The right to be left alone surely is important to a free society.

Old March 18th 04, 06:47 AM
MRQB

briefcases for 70k in cash hahahahahaha 70k will fit in your coat pocket
very easy!

"Paul Folbrecht" wrote in message
ink.net...
Ah, yeah, cashier's check is completely different (and obviously the
best way to go about this).

I had one made out for over $70K myself a couple months ago for a lot
purchase. Wouldn't have gone there with $70K in briefcases. No siree.
I'm not in the mob (anymore).

Jon Kraus wrote:

Today I just walked up with a checking withdrawl slip and had them give
me a cashiers check made out to the title company. That is probably the
catch. I didn't get cash. That much cash would make me too nervous.

Old March 18th 04, 06:48 AM
MRQB

How else do you buy a house?

"Paul Folbrecht" wrote in message
ink.net...
You buy HOUSES with CASH?! Holy ****.

Jon Kraus wrote:

I have purchased several houses with cash that were way over 10K and
have never had to fill out anything....

Jon Kraus
PP-ASEL
Student-IA

Old March 18th 04, 11:12 AM
Jon Kraus

I must confess that they are Bank Owned (REO'S) and in need of many
repairs... besides flying it is another hobby.... Shoot, I gotta have
some way to afford airplane time... :-)

Old March 18th 04, 03:25 PM
G.R. Patterson III

MRQB wrote:

How else do you buy a house?

I buy them with checks.

George Patterson
Battle, n; A method of untying with the teeth a political knot that would
not yield to the tongue.
Old March 18th 04, 03:29 PM
Paul Sengupta

Congrats! But didn't you have an absolute limit of $15k and give
a hard time to someone who tried to sell you a plane (however good
or bad) for $15.9k for not conforming to your original request?

Paul

"MRQB" wrote in message
counted out
$16k in cash we both signed a sales agreement he signed the bill of sale

we
shook hands and now I own me a late model 150.
I know i am happy I kinda feel guilty at the price i go it for.

Old March 18th 04, 06:59 PM
Russell Kent

MRQB wrote:

briefcases for 70k in cash hahahahahaha 70k will fit in your coat pocket
very easy!

Provided your coat pocket can expand to about 3 inches.

Russell Kent