ping: John Landry

Old August 1st 05, 08:43 AM
Nash Rambler

Default ping: John Landry

It's been a few years, but last time I checked, he was about to test out his
new Gyrobee. Anybody know what happened?

Thanks......

Old August 2nd 05, 03:01 AM
Peter Wendell

Nash Rambler wrote:
It's been a few years, but last time I checked, he was about to test out his
new Gyrobee. Anybody know what happened?

Thanks......

John is a regular contributor to http://www.rotaryforum.com. He is
happily flying his 'Bee all over the Seattle area.
Old August 2nd 05, 08:22 PM
John A. Landry

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 19:01:40 -0700, in rec.aviation.rotorcraft, Peter
Wendell said:

Nash Rambler wrote:
It's been a few years, but last time I checked, he was about to test out his
new Gyrobee. Anybody know what happened?

John is a regular contributor to http://www.rotaryforum.com. He is
happily flying his 'Bee all over the Seattle area.

That's correct Peter (thanks).

Just last weekend I took a nice 1.5 hour flight in the beautiful warm sunny
weather, which is quite rare for the Seattle area (I'm obliged to say that
in a public forum to keep up the rain myth). Flew from where I hanger my
GyroBee at Harvey Airfield (near Snohomish, WA) up to Marysville, then
turned west and north following the shoreline along the Puget Sound up to
Stanwood, then toward the Arlington airport, and finally back south to
Harvey. Saw lots of people out playing on the beaches of the sound, lakes,
and rivers around the area. Lots of boats in large clusters on the sound
(why do they cluster like that?).

Someday I need to get a small video camera mounted on my helmet to record
some of these flights.

I have 130 hours of flight time in my Bee now... just love it.

Fly safe,

John Landry
GyroBee N392JL
Shoreline, WA
Old August 2nd 05, 09:02 PM
Shiver

John A. Landry wrote:

I have 130 hours of flight time in my Bee now... just love it.

Well John it's nice to see you coming to the group with such an
informative post..... I'm sure there are a few amrchair lurkers
like me who would give their eye teeth to be in your position.

For those that might be interested in that aspect of rotary aviation
could you come back and give us a rundown on what all is involved in
getting licensed, up and running as an owner, what types of machines
are available..... Ah you know what sort of info I'm talking about.

Everything including the kitchen sink please and thank you.
Old August 3rd 05, 01:29 AM
Nash Rambler

"John A. Landry" wrote in message
I have 130 hours of flight time in my Bee now... just love it.

Hi John! Im the former Army (VN) CW2 Chinook pilot that bought the Bee
materials and then sold them to a member of the forum due to health
problems. I remember you were one, also...........Naturally, my screen name
is different now. New ISP and all that.

I'd like to hear from you or maybe you have a web site where you documented
construction? My health is improved and well...........

Mike

joshrandall *at* vfemail *dot* net