PDA Software

Old September 22nd 05, 06:11 PM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Default PDA Software

I just bought a PDA and am interested in knowing what aviation software you
gents have found useful. Just a cursory look at some of the usual suppliers
seems to indicate the software available tends to be a mite pricey.... enough so
that I'd want to be sure before I lay down any cash.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Old September 22nd 05, 06:16 PM
Yossarian

CoPilot is a must have and it's free.

Old September 22nd 05, 06:45 PM
Steve Foley

Assuming it's a palm. You'll also want Paul T's database for it.

check out www.xcski.com for links to download.

"Yossarian" wrote in message
oups.com...
CoPilot is a must have and it's free.

Old September 22nd 05, 06:49 PM
Hercul

good and free www.pocketfms.com

Old September 22nd 05, 08:30 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Steve Foley" said:
Assuming it's a palm. You'll also want Paul T's database for it.
check out www.xcski.com for links to download.

That would be
http://xcski.com/~ptomblin/CoPilot/
It has links to download the program and to get to the waypoint generator
as well. As mentioned, only for Palm though because Laurie (the author of
CoPilot) uses Macs and I (the author of the database generator) use Linux
and Macs, so neither of us are going to be buying PocketPC PDAs any time
soon.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
please excuse my typing, but my whole left arm is in a cast. and i don't
Old September 22nd 05, 11:49 PM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Hercul wrote:
good and free www.pocketfms.com

Unfortunately, it won't run on a Palm Zire. Thanks anyway.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Old September 22nd 05, 11:52 PM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Paul Tomblin wrote:
In a previous article, "Steve Foley" said:
Assuming it's a palm. You'll also want Paul T's database for it.
check out www.xcski.com for links to download.

That would be
http://xcski.com/~ptomblin/CoPilot/
It has links to download the program and to get to the waypoint generator
as well. As mentioned, only for Palm though because Laurie (the author of
CoPilot) uses Macs and I (the author of the database generator) use Linux
and Macs, so neither of us are going to be buying PocketPC PDAs any time
soon.

Thanks very much. I'll be looking at this tonight and/or tomorrow.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Old September 23rd 05, 12:00 AM
Michelle P

http://www.handango.com/
start searching. I found software for all sorts of things.
Michelle

Old September 23rd 05, 03:02 AM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Michelle P wrote:
http://www.handango.com/
start searching. I found software for all sorts of things.

Sister, that is a site. I spotted well over 100 aviation titles, not to mention
a bunch of nursing references. Thanks very much.

I'm spending the evening typing in contacts from work. I would have liked to
import them, but they didn't go in the way I wanted them and it was just easier
to manually enter them. Sure is a bunch, though. I'm taking a break as I type
this...

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Old September 23rd 05, 04:28 PM
Newps

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

Michelle P wrote:

http://www.handango.com/
start searching. I found software for all sorts of things.

Sister, that is a site. I spotted well over 100 aviation titles, not to mention
a bunch of nursing references. Thanks very much.

I'm spending the evening typing in contacts from work. I would have liked to
import them, but they didn't go in the way I wanted them and it was just easier
to manually enter them. Sure is a bunch, though. I'm taking a break as I type
this...

I have both a Dell Axim X50v and a Palm Treo 600. The newest Palm
operating system is so much better than Windows Mobile, especially for
stuff like this. The best part is restoring after a hard reset. With a
Windows Mobile system you have to go back and reinstall all your
programs and then redo all your settings and preferences. With the Palm
I simply put it in the cradle and sync it. It gets put back to the way
it was at the last sync.