Who can identify this tube frame aircraft fuselage?

Old January 11th 05, 08:42 PM
Rob de Bie

Default Who can identify this tube frame aircraft fuselage?

Hi!

Someone in the Netherlands offers this tube frame aircraft fuselage:

http://www.marktplaats.nl/foto.php3?...vaart&ID=17209

I have no idea what it; the seller neither apparently. Can anyone ID it?

Thanks!

Rob

Old January 11th 05, 09:07 PM
Peter Dohm

Aside from the (obvious) risk of a voodoo curse, was there a reason to black
out the head and face of the occupant?

Old January 12th 05, 01:49 AM
Peter Dohm

Some sort of low wing (probably a monoplane) with spring steel main gear...

But I have no idea what kind.

Peter

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
news

Old January 12th 05, 12:28 PM
Booboo

It does look like a Tips' fuselage of some sort. At first glance, I thought
it was from a Tipsy M/Fairey Primer, but the landing gear was wing mounted
on this aircraft. The truss definitely looks from a Tips' design though.
Search the web for Ernest Oscar Tips "Tipsy" aircraft and you'll probably
find something.
I hope this helps.

Antonio
Portugal

Old January 13th 05, 09:45 PM
Dan Nafe

In article
,
Orval Fairbairn wrote:

In article ,
(Rob de Bie) wrote:

Hi!

Someone in the Netherlands offers this tube frame aircraft fuselage:

http://www.marktplaats.nl/foto.php3?...vaart&ID=17209

I have no idea what it; the seller neither apparently. Can anyone ID it?

Thanks!

Rob

Stearman?

No. Too light and diagonal "formers" are not "stearman-esque"