Discovery Wings no more :(

Old December 2nd 04, 05:11 PM
Robert M. Gary

Default Discovery Wings no more :(

Looks like Discovery Wings will now be "The Military Channel" after
Jan 10th. . Check out www.discovery.com and click on "Wings" on the
left.

-Robert
Old December 2nd 04, 05:26 PM
Gig Giacona

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
om...
Looks like Discovery Wings will now be "The Military Channel" after
Jan 10th. . Check out www.discovery.com and click on "Wings" on the
left.

-Robert

Maybe they'll only run the same show 10 instead of 30 times a week.

I'll bet they don't drop a single show that is now on Wings.

Old December 2nd 04, 06:19 PM
NW_PILOT

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
om...
Looks like Discovery Wings will now be "The Military Channel" after
Jan 10th. . Check out www.discovery.com and click on "Wings" on the
left.

-Robert

I deleted wings from my channel line up due to lack of new content. I think
they are just going to change the name and try to attract a different type
crowd and provide the same content as the wings channel maybe delete some GA
programs and rerun more of the same military programs. It seems like a bad
way of getting out of providing new content. Give it some time and discovery
channel networks will keep losing viewers and be forced to shut down or
change content. But changing a name how lame! they tried it a few years back
with the science channel.

Old December 2nd 04, 06:49 PM
Jim Burns

Today I turned it on during lunch and it announced that I was watching "The
Military Channel" on Discovery Wings. WTF does that mean? That statement
makes Discovery Wings sound like a network, and The Military Channel a
channel on the Discovery Wings Network. How bizarre, but to be expected
from those with such little imagination.

Jim

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
om...
Looks like Discovery Wings will now be "The Military Channel" after
Jan 10th. . Check out www.discovery.com and click on "Wings" on the
left.

-Robert

---

Old December 2nd 04, 07:15 PM
Peter Duniho

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
om...
Looks like Discovery Wings will now be "The Military Channel"

You mean they are finally going to start calling it by a name more
reflective of their actual programming? It's about time...

Old December 2nd 04, 07:34 PM
Gary G

Good one! That is funny! Just think "Oh my god . . .", "OK, hold it there, Kyle".
Taken out of context, it's really funny!
When viewed with the video, it makes perfect sense . . .

Old December 2nd 04, 08:48 PM
C Kingsbury

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message

You mean they are finally going to start calling it by a name more
reflective of their actual programming? It's about time...

A friend of mine used to say the History Channel ought to be called the
Hitler Channel. Now instead of WWII documentaries every night we get Modern
Marvels: The Garbage Can.

-cwk.

Old December 3rd 04, 01:52 AM
Judah

(Robert M. Gary) wrote in
om:

Looks like Discovery Wings will now be "The Military Channel" after
Jan 10th. . Check out
www.discovery.com and click on "Wings" on the
left.

-Robert

From where I sit, it's been The Military Channel for several months
already...

I held off subscribing to Digital Cable for a long time, but finally took
the plunge about 3 months ago.

One of the things that I wanted out of Digital Cable was the Discovery
Wings channel, which I saw one time at my brother-in-law's house.

In typical "grass is greener" fashion, once I got the Digital Cable, I
found that all the shows that interested me (ie, that had any relationship
to GA - like the Learning to Fly series and the one with the two guys who
build a plane from sheet metal) are never actually on. Instead, it's been
all the shows highlighting military planes...

So now they've made it "official" as the website says. But it seems to me
like it was unofficial for a while already...

Old December 3rd 04, 02:47 AM
C Kingsbury

"Judah" wrote in message
. ..

In typical "grass is greener" fashion, once I got the Digital Cable, I
found that all the shows that interested me (ie, that had any relationship
to GA - like the Learning to Fly series and the one with the two guys who
build a plane from sheet metal) are never actually on. Instead, it's been
all the shows highlighting military planes...

I wouldn't mind that so much if they had a rotation of more than two dozen
shows. I'll watch "Wings of the Red Star" once and three weeks later I tune
in and there it is again. And just in case you miss it around dinner time,
it will be on again just before bedtime!

On Comcast, Wings Channel watches you!

-cwk.