TMG around San Diego

Old December 7th 04, 02:04 AM

Old December 7th 04, 03:09 AM

Regards

Old December 7th 04, 03:11 AM
Ingo Wolf

Mike Rapoport wrote:
What is a TMG?

Touring Motor Glider

Old December 7th 04, 03:56 AM
zatatime

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 03:04:20 +0100, "Ingo Wolf"
wrote:

Hi,

are TMGs aviable for hire in southern
California / San Diego ?
I wan't to make my licence this spring
in california would like to have TMG
Rating too.

Regards

I think if you have a glider certificate, you can fly those legally.

Just a usenet opinion though.
Old December 7th 04, 05:50 AM
Don Tuite

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 04:11:28 +0100, "Ingo Wolf"
wrote:

Mike Rapoport wrote:
What is a TMG?

Touring Motor Glider

You should get some good answers from sailplane pilots here. But if
that fails, you could email these guys:

http://www.skysailing.com/

Don
Old December 7th 04, 05:43 PM
Mark James Boyd

www.lasoaring.com

Don't know anything else about it, but I bet they are
getting a LOT of new (foriegn) customers with this
damn TSA thing shutting down the ASEL foriegn training.

wrote in ::

Hi,

are TMGs aviable for hire in southern
California / San Diego ?
I wan't to make my licence this spring
in california would like to have TMG
Rating too.

Regards

The term TMG (Touring Motor Glider) is new to me. Regardless, you're
question might meet with more response if posted in the
rec.aviation.soaring newsgroup, so I've crossposted this follow up to
include that group.

--

------------+
Mark J. Boyd
Old December 7th 04, 06:12 PM
William W. Plummer

wrote:

Hi,

are TMGs aviable for hire in southern
California / San Diego ?
I wan't to make my licence this spring
in california would like to have TMG
Rating too.

Regards

I think if you have a glider certificate, you can fly those legally.

Just a usenet opinion though.

No. His glider certificate will probably be limited to "Aero Tow Only".
He can get "Self launch" added very easily. I don't know anyplace
in this area that has winch launches, but it is very common in Europe.

'Bill Plummer @ N42 34.623 W071 21.607

Old December 7th 04, 06:52 PM
Larry Dighera

On 7 Dec 2004 10:43:51 -0700, (Mark James Boyd)
wrote in 41b5f9e7$1@darkstar::

www.lasoaring.com

That's a terrific idea! Thanks for the link.

Old December 7th 04, 06:55 PM
Stefan

Larry Dighera wrote:

The term TMG (Touring Motor Glider) is new to me.

In Europe, TMG is a well defined term and a TMG needs a different rating
than just a glider rating with a "mere" self launch endorsement. (It's
even more complex: You can choose between achieving the TMG rating as a
type rating for power pilots and as an additional rating for glider pilots.)

It's well possible that in the USA, a TMG is just another self launching
glider. I don't know. Anyway, I know of one commercial operator of a
Katana Extreme (aka Dimona) in Arizona: http://www.skykingsoaring.com/.
You might find others at http://www.ssa.org

Stefan