TMG around San Diego

Old December 7th 04, 06:55 PM

Sky Sailing (near San Diego) has a Stemme.

Old December 7th 04, 06:55 PM

Sky Sailing (near San Diego) has a Stemme.

Old December 7th 04, 07:06 PM
Larry Dighera

On 7 Dec 2004 10:55:58 -0800, wrote in
.com::

Sky Sailing (near San Diego) has a Stemme

In deed they do:
http://www.skysailing.com/pages/lessons.html#all

Stemme $130/hr Engine + $60/hr Airframe Dual Only

Old December 7th 04, 07:40 PM
Marc Ramsey

Stefan wrote:
I may be wrong, but I think the Stemme V10 is legally not a TMG.

The type category "Touring Motor Glider" does not exist in the US. The
Stemme, Dimona, G109, DG-800, ASK-14, ASW-24E, etc., are all gliders
with self-launch capability. An FAA Glider rating allows you to fly any
of them as PIC. A self-launch endorsement from a CFIG is required if
(and only if) you make use of the self-launch capability.

Marc
Old December 7th 04, 07:58 PM
Stefan

Marc Ramsey wrote:

I may be wrong, but I think the Stemme V10 is legally not a TMG.

The type category "Touring Motor Glider" does not exist in the US.

I thought so. But the original poster lives in Germany, at least his
name and email address point in this direction. And as he wrote that he
would like to have the TMG rating, I think this question is of interest
to him.

Stefan

Old December 8th 04, 12:36 AM
Larry Dighera

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 20:25:01 +0100, Stefan
wrote in ::

I may be wrong, but I think the Stemme V10 is legally not a TMG.

But is a remarkable piece of artistic engineering.
http://www.stemme.de/

"The S 10-VT is the easiest to handle and most good-natured open
class sailplane."

The S8 is the TMG: http://www.stemmewest.com/pages/S8_E.pdf
Old December 8th 04, 08:28 AM
Bert Willing

The Stemme is a TMG under German rules.

--
Bert Willing

ASW20 "TW"

Old December 8th 04, 07:29 PM
Gig Giacona

wrote in ::

I may be wrong, but I think the Stemme V10 is legally not a TMG.

But is a remarkable piece of artistic engineering.
http://www.stemme.de/

"The S 10-VT is the easiest to handle and most good-natured open
class sailplane."

The S8 is the TMG: http://www.stemmewest.com/pages/S8_E.pdf

I know nothing about Gliders but I went and looked at the PDF document
above. CS prop, retractable gear, 170 knots. That is impressive.

My question. Can it be flown by a PP-SEL or do you have to have a glider
rating?

Old December 9th 04, 01:50 AM
Eric Greenwell

Gig Giacona wrote:

"The S 10-VT is the easiest to handle and most good-natured open
class sailplane."

The S8 is the TMG: http://www.stemmewest.com/pages/S8_E.pdf

I know nothing about Gliders but I went and looked at the PDF document
above. CS prop, retractable gear, 170 knots. That is impressive.

My question. Can it be flown by a PP-SEL or do you have to have a glider
rating?

In the USA, you need a glider rating with a self-launch enddorsement.
Other countries treat it quite differently.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA