Why was the USAF.....................

Old January 9th 04, 01:14 AM
JSH5176

It Was Asked,,,
Just curious, if fighter pilots are the second biggest BS
artists in the world, whose the first biggest?

THAT is simple,, The SP's take that honor hands down, not even the Marines can
come close to a bunch of AF cops!!

Jim
SAC COP
78-88
Old January 9th 04, 01:24 AM
JSH5176

It was Written.,,,

In my ever-so-humble opinion, ALL branches of the
military INCLUDING our beloved USAF and also our so-called
"intelligence" communities quite frankly dropped the ball BIG
time, just like I said.

Well if you think the AF dropped the ball here's your option,, everytime a
commercial aircraft takes off, it gets an AF escort, weapons free of course.
Then anytime we lose contact with an airliner or they go off course, they get
downed. Oh and just to add to it, your family is on board when it happens!
We all know that nothing like that's ever going to happen for more reasons
than i care to get into here.

Jim
SAC COP
78-88

Old January 9th 04, 01:46 AM
Mike Marron

(B2431) wrote:
Mike Marron
wrote:

Coming from someone whose stupidly wasted more bandwidth than
all of us combined swapping drivel with Tarver over such inane
things as "pitot tubes" and such, THAT was a truly mind boggling
retort! And as far as your buddy Beaman is concerned, well, he's a
self-admitted Tarver apologist. Pot Kettle Black.

Marion, please pay attention. Yes I did argue ad nauseum with tarver but I
never stooped to his level of name calling,personal attacks and vulgarity.
You have.

As if. As if being a santimonious hypocrite somehow lets you off the
hook. And I s'pose politely using a clinical term for "cajones" is a
"crime" or a "sin" in your book as well?

That is the tactic of one who is either losing an argument or has no
argument to begin with.

I stand by everything I wrote, Big Dan. And you do know the difference
between having an argument and expressing an opinion, correct?

I sure do and name calling and insults ahve no place in a debate.

First, who said anything about having a "debate?" Second, there
ya' go again with the sanctimonious, holier-than-thou crap.
Now, let's quickly review some of YOUR namecalling and insults
in this thread alone:

1) Misspelling my last name while keeping yours a secret.
2) Accusing my Father and his friends of being criminals.
3) Calling my Father and his friends fools.
4) Calling fighter pilots the second biggest BS artists in the world.
5) Accusing me of having no idea what the USAF's job is.

I'll say it slow, one more time, so even YOU can understand, Mr. Dan
B2431....

POT.

KETTLE.

BLACK.

(In other words, glass houses, stones, that kind of thing.)

Comprende?

Old January 9th 04, 02:53 AM
Tex Houston

"Bjørnar Bolsøy" wrote in message
(BUFDRVR) wrote in
:

Anyone with D model time, is long retired, or dead.

Not true. There a few "tall tail" guys around. They're all O-6
or above.

Or E-9...

Very good, bad on my part to exclude our gunners.

I'm a bit unclear on one thing, was the 0.50 quartet replaced
by the m61 on all the B52s and then, subsequently, removed from
service in the early 90s?

Regards...

I've copied two paragraphs from Joe Baugher's website and these only apply
to the B-52H.

The defensive tail armament was changed. The quartet of 0.50-inch machine
guns carried by earlier versions was replaced by a single General Electric
M61 20-mm six-barreled rotary cannon. The maximum firing rate was 4000
rounds per minute. The magazine carried 1242 rounds of ammunition. The
Emerson AN/ASG-21 fire control system was installed as standard. The gunner
was still seated in the main crew compartment forward of the wing leading
edge, sitting in an upward-firing rearward-facing ejector seat beside the
electronic warfare officer.

In October of 1991, the gunner's station was removed as an economy measure,
reducing the crew complement to only five. The gunner's ejector seat was,
however, retained, and can now be occupied by an instructor or flight
examiner who often goes along on training missions. The M61A1 Vulcan 20-mm
cannon in the tail was taken out during 1991-94 and the gun opening was
covered over by a perforated plate, although the wiring and instruments
associated with the gun were all retained so that the gun could in principle
be reinstalled, although there are no longer any trained gunners available
to operate it.

Tex Houston

Old January 9th 04, 03:08 AM
BUFDRVR

I've copied two paragraphs from Joe Baugher's website and these only apply
to the B-52H.

Hmm, according to my books on the BUFF, the 20mm cannon was a "stock item" on
the H model.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"