One step closer to owning an Arrow

Old March 6th 05, 05:43 AM
Montblack

("Jay Beckman" (J#1) wrote, referencing back to Jay Honeck's line (J#2)
about what Jack Allison (J#3) would think about J#2 if J#3's new plane (not
a J-3) develops problems inside the next 36 months)
snip
If ANYTHING goes wrong with that plane for the next 36 months, it's going
to be "That jerk Jay!" every time I turn around here...

I'd be mighty obliged if you'd put a last name or initial on that
phrase...please?

You had to bring this up J#1? I'm this close to being excommunicated by
Dudley!!

Montblack

Old March 6th 05, 05:57 AM
Jack Allison

Jay Honeck wrote:
Standard. Mostly King. Analog radios, no GPS (yet), Loran (whoppee),
Radar altimiter (sort of cool, wouldn't pay to put one in)

Hey, that radar altimeter is just plain slick. I've never seen one in
anything smaller than a King Air before!

True, I have to agree that this will come in handy for IFR stuff and
setting for DH.

Nah, I figure if Jay has already blessed the plane so I'm good to
go...um...provided there's none of that nasty corrosion stuff in the
wings, especially the spar caps.

Oh, geez. NOW you've done it.

If ANYTHING goes wrong with that plane for the next 36 months, it's going to
be "That jerk Jay!" every time I turn around here...

Well...I *do* need a scapegoat...and 36 months sounds kinda short if you
ask me. I'd much rather have the 10 yr/100K mile type of thing...oh,
right this is an airplane. If it flies, it breaks, if it doesn't fly,
it breaks more.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student-Arrow Buying Student

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old March 6th 05, 06:00 AM
Jack Allison

Jay Beckman wrote:
Ahem,

I'd be mighty obliged if you'd put a last name or initial on that
phrase...please?

;O)

The Jay in AZ

Hey, I don't mind having two scapegoats for my future airplane woes.
Besides, spreading the guilt around, you each only shoulder 1/2 the
burden, right? Works for me. Do you have any particular portion of the
plane for which you'd prefer to accept blame? :-)

sound of Jay B in AZ smacking his head and asking "How did I get myself
into this?

Old March 6th 05, 07:05 AM
Jay Beckman

"Jack Allison" wrote in message
Jay Beckman wrote:
Ahem,

I'd be mighty obliged if you'd put a last name or initial on that
phrase...please?

;O)

The Jay in AZ

Hey, I don't mind having two scapegoats for my future airplane woes.
Besides, spreading the guilt around, you each only shoulder 1/2 the
burden, right? Works for me. Do you have any particular portion of the
plane for which you'd prefer to accept blame? :-)

As a matter of fact, I do:

I'd be responsible for any part EXCEPT the nut that holds the yoke!!

grin, duck, run

sound of Jay B in AZ smacking his head and asking "How did I get myself
into this?

In the immortal words of Homer "DOH!" (that would be Homer of
Springfield...not Homer of Greece...)

:O)

Wicked Jay of the West Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ

Old March 6th 05, 07:09 AM
Jay Beckman

"Montblack" wrote in message
("Jay Beckman" (J#1) wrote, referencing back to Jay Honeck's line (J#2)
about what Jack Allison (J#3) would think about J#2 if J#3's new plane
(not
a J-3) develops problems inside the next 36 months)
snip
If ANYTHING goes wrong with that plane for the next 36 months, it's
going
to be "That jerk Jay!" every time I turn around here...

I'd be mighty obliged if you'd put a last name or initial on that
phrase...please?

You had to bring this up J#1? I'm this close to being excommunicated by
Dudley!!

Montblack

Sorry ol' chap,

Didn't mean to drop a match on that bundle of wood at your feet. Besides, I
thought the wave of excommunications had died down of late? At least the
cries of heresy and calls for use of the dunking chair seem to have subsided
for now. You do float, don't you? Hehehe...

"Face it, you can't Torquemada nuthin'!"

Jay (J#1) Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ

Old March 6th 05, 07:27 AM
Jack Allison

Jay Beckman wrote:

As a matter of fact, I do:

I'd be responsible for any part EXCEPT the nut that holds the yoke!!

So, everyone read it here first on Usenet...Jay *Beckman* is responsible
for anything that breaks in this Arrow I'm in the process of buying.
Cool, I think that means you get to pay for it too! Wow, what a guy
Jay. I'll have to take you for a ride sometime. I mean, after all,
it's the least I can do. :-)

Oh, and you didn't specify which yoke...just who is "sole manipulator of
the controls", eh? Especially if it's that funny white pancake style
lever that goes up and down and makes those green lights go on and off.
Man, mess up that one and you've ruined the day :-)

Old March 6th 05, 08:09 AM
Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman wrote:

As a matter of fact, I do:

I'd be responsible for any part EXCEPT the nut that holds the yoke!!

So, everyone read it here first on Usenet...Jay *Beckman* is responsible
for anything that breaks in this Arrow I'm in the process of buying.

(Void where prohibited by very small print...and my accountant keeps a very
small typewriter for just such occasions...)

Cool, I think that means you get to pay for it too! Wow, what a guy Jay.

Do you take S&H Greenstamps? Caution: Flashback Alert

I'll have to take you for a ride sometime. I mean, after all, it's the
least I can do. :-)

....the very least. :O)

Oh, and you didn't specify which yoke...just who is "sole manipulator of
the controls", eh?

I know who's starting to feel like the "Sole Manipulatee..."

Especially if it's that funny white pancake style lever that goes up and
down and makes those green lights go on and off. Man, mess up that one and
you've ruined the day :-)

Good Gawd man, don't say things like that out loud!! Them "Flyin' Gremlins"
have got big ears!!!

J 1 of 4

Old March 6th 05, 01:27 PM
Jay Honeck

I'd be responsible for any part EXCEPT the nut that holds the yoke!!

Gee, now I read that statement to mean that Jay B. was responsible for
everything except that little 5/8" nut under the plastic nameplate.

You know...the nut that holds (on) the yoke?

That's a pretty cheap part, Jack. I'd take him up on this offer.

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 6th 05, 02:52 PM
Montblack

(J#1 wrote)
...You do float, don't you? Hehehe...

"Face it, you can't Torquemada nuthin'!"

A: Like a duck - oops, wrong movie.

B: "Pull"

Count de Montblack
Old March 6th 05, 04:50 PM
Jack Allison

Jay Honeck wrote:

Gee, now I read that statement to mean that Jay B. was responsible for
everything except that little 5/8" nut under the plastic nameplate.

You know...the nut that holds (on) the yoke?

That's a pretty cheap part, Jack. I'd take him up on this offer.

Oh ya, I'm having the legal paperwork drawn up as we speak. I mean, I
realized for a long time that Jay in AZ was a nice guy...but I didn't
realize the depth of his generosity. Man, I scored big time on this
one. :-)