2021 Soaring Safari

Old April 5th 21, 12:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jason Leonard

Default 2021 Soaring Safari

It was great meeting you Bob! Wonderful flights you conducted Sir. Best regards from JL
Old April 5th 21, 01:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Sunday, March 28, 2021 at 5:47:30 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sunday, March 28, 2021 at 7:46:09 PM UTC-4, 2G wrote:
On Sunday, March 28, 2021 at 3:31:18 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Thursday, March 25, 2021 at 8:30:14 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thursday, March 25, 2021 at 5:50:26 PM UTC-4, AS wrote:
Lucky you! If we get any snow here in SC, I have to really hurry up with shoveling it before it all melts away! ;-)

Uli
'AS'
No snow here, another great day of flying at the Soaring Safari here in Vero Beach. Wonderful guest and flights have been happening here on the Treasure Coast, and the WX is just getting good. next year will be even more exciting, already big plans for a very special event. Hey ZO, you can come on down to the TCSC and go around Lake O, I will be standing on call with the Pawnee for a tow out of any airport. Not like landing out of Grass Roots, we will even give you a free tow out and a cold beer..
A special thanks goes out to all those who were invited to the 2021 Safari, Scott , Dave, Richard, Bill, Carol, Ann Bob W., Rakel, Nelson, and a few more that I always forget to mention, we appreciate your involvement in this first ever event and we are looking forward to your continued participation in 2022.

We have a few more days of fun flying here on the beautiful coastline of Florida, we plan on wrapping things up on Sunday, maybe I can get out of the towplane and fly my glider before this event ends. As to date I have made 91 tows since the start of our Safari, this is a great accomplishment for soaring and our club. Bob
Today marked the final day of the 2021 TCSC Invitational Soaring Safari. This was our inaugural safari and certainly not our last. I would rate this event as a huge success for soaring and our club together. During our safari I logged almost 100 tows, our club also gained membership which will result in new youth within our community of soaring. After another day of activity people are packing up and heading home, we extend a special thanks to all. Bob

A "safari" implies moving from place to place. Calling an event totally held at one airport is not, IMO, a safari. Motorgliders have a distinct advantage for true safaris.

Tom

2G, your opinion doesn't matter, we expect a donation from you. Bob

Sure it does - just not to you.
Old April 5th 21, 01:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 8:05:29 PM UTC-4, 2G wrote:
[...]

We will still wait for the donation.
Old April 5th 21, 01:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 6:23:49 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sunday, March 28, 2021 at 8:47:30 PM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

I hesitate to post as the long knives always seem to be out, but as a participant in the event I had a great time, enjoyed myself tremendously, and definitely plan to return if they will have me. Weather and flying conditions were excellent for most of the time I spent there and the hosts could not have been better!

My friend you have a special invitation from me, get back down here next spring and we will once again have a great time and wonderful soaring. I promise to join you in my glider next time, but I certainly enjoyed making all those tows for others to soar the beautiful skies of the Treasure Coast. Next year I will lead the pack around Lake O, be ready for a good time here in Vero Beach. Bob