You wonder when its all going to end!

Old October 27th 03, 09:30 PM
Dave

Default You wonder when its all going to end!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/3213403.stm

Old October 28th 03, 12:01 AM
Montblack

("Dave" wrote)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/3213403.stm

1. Israel has security that makes ours look silly - plus they profile,
profile, profile.
2. Bad things happen in Israel (boom!) ...though you seldom hear of attacks
at Israeli airports or on Israeli airplanes.

3. It won't end. It's just getting started.
4. Flatulent, life-size mechanical terrier is ....funny.

--
Montblack

"Styled by the laws of nature.............Concorde"

Old October 28th 03, 03:52 AM
John Gaquin

you wonder when its all going to end

When the war's over, I guess. I suspect there were lots of folk in Britain
in '41 and '42 asking the same question.

JG

Old October 28th 03, 04:30 AM
Don Tuite

Hey, I'm as skeptical of post 9/11 security measures as anybody, and
I'm not sure why you all think the TSA guys were out of line on this
one. Technology-wise, the damn dog sounds like just about as perfect
a ploy for masking explosive signatures from a portable mass-spec or
gas chromatograph as anybody could ask for.

Don
Old October 29th 03, 07:10 AM
Judah

In a sense, the gas-passing dog was indeed "explosive"!

"Dave" wrote in news:bnjv96$dr8$1
@news8.svr.pol.co.uk:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/3213403.stm

Old October 29th 03, 07:21 AM
Judah

War? Over? HAHAHAHAHA!

A war is defined as "A state of open, armed, often prolonged conflict
carried on between nations, states, or parties." (American Heritage
Dictionary.)

"The terrorists" don't have a nation, a state, or a party. How can we win
a "war" against people who hide themselves in the cover of our allies?
How can we win a "war" against people who are willing to fight to the
death for their position, and whose position is simply the destruction of
anything and anyone that does not believe the way they do?

Let them build their own country so that they can organize and collect
there. Let them create their nation, and THEN, if they still want to take
over the world, we can properly go to war with them, and destroy them as
necessary...

Right now, we have a hunt for explosive needles in various haystacks, and
as quickly as we can find one, the next one blows up in our face...

The "War on Terror" is a farce, and civilization cannot win with
conventional warfare tactics.

[removing self from soapbox now.]

"John Gaquin" wrote in
:

Old October 29th 03, 06:14 PM
Ron Natalie

"Judah" wrote in message ...
In a sense, the gas-passing dog was indeed "explosive"!

"Dave" wrote in news:bnjv96$dr8$1
@news8.svr.pol.co.uk:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/3213403.stm

Well this was after they got the alert to look out for exploding teddy bears.

Old October 29th 03, 11:07 PM
Dave

"John Gaquin" wrote in message
you wonder when its all going to end

When the war's over, I guess. I suspect there were lots of folk in

Britain
in '41 and '42 asking the same question.

Funny thing about terrorism, how it looks depends on where you are looking
from.

Many people in the US thought that supporting Irish terrorists was a good
thing except that they did not think of them as terrorists.

Not much difference between the Irish fighting the British and the
Palestinians fighting the Israelis. In distant places it is easy to
postulate.

When its your main street that gets bombed and people you know get hurt, and
when its your brother defusing bombs it tends to get personal.

My brother spent nearly 20 years diffusing Irish bombs in Ulster and England
playing a cat and mouse game with the terrorists before he quit.

It interesting therefore to observe American reactions to terrorism post
9/11. If you want to know the truth, there is no security regime around that
can protect you without the US becoming a police state. Besides which you
probably have more chance of being killed by some nut with gun that
terrorists. But if all those tax dollars being spent makes you feel secure
great.

Terrorists follow the rules - until the last moment. They are not great law
breakers. They blend into the community so unless you begin segregation,
establishing ghettos etc etc you will not know who is and who is not a
terrorist. Believe it or not they don't go around with a sign on their heads
saying terrorist.

Sorry if this all sounds patronising but the terrorists always win. See what
they have done to the US. All the post 9/11 chaos. The terrorists have
achieved that. They won in Ulster , they won in Palestine in 1948, they won
in Vietnam too and they won in South Africa.

Today's terrorist is tomorrow's hero.

Dave

Old October 29th 03, 11:36 PM
Montblack

("Dave" wrote)
Sorry if this all sounds patronising but the terrorists always win. See

what
they have done to the US. All the post 9/11 chaos. The terrorists have
achieved that. They won in Ulster , they won in Palestine in 1948, they

won
in Vietnam too and they won in South Africa.

Today's terrorist is tomorrow's hero.

They're having a tough time getting the upper hand in China.

--
Montblack

Old October 29th 03, 11:56 PM
Dave

"Montblack" wrote in message
("Dave" wrote)
Sorry if this all sounds patronising but the terrorists always win. See

what
they have done to the US. All the post 9/11 chaos. The terrorists have
achieved that. They won in Ulster , they won in Palestine in 1948, they

won
in Vietnam too and they won in South Africa.

Today's terrorist is tomorrow's hero.

They're having a tough time getting the upper hand in China.

I'm with the Chinese Govt on that in keeping the lid on China, they are
doing a good job looking after my lifestyle. Just think what it would be
like with 1 billion Chinese on the move.