Need Recommendations: Denali ANR or Sennheiser HMEC 400 ANR?

Old November 1st 03, 01:02 AM
clonezone

Default Need Recommendations: Denali ANR or Sennheiser HMEC 400 ANR?

Unfortunately, none of the airport shops I have visited carry
either of these headsets in stock. The ANRs they carry -
lightspeeds,DC etc. just didn't cut it for me (for one reason
or another). The lightspeeds did rather
well on the ANR part but the voices sounded distant - this I
really did not like.

After reviewing many specs etc. I am thinking of the
Denali ANR or the Sennheiser HMEC 400. (which I'll have to
web-order)

Anyone had experience with both? Which did you prefer?
Criterea for me are comfort, fatigue (lack of), clarity of sound,
realistic reproduction of voice. (I'm trying to stay in and around
my $600-ish budget).

Any comments, suggestions, advice appreciated.

Thanks so much.
Regards,

- Aman
Old November 1st 03, 08:46 PM
JimC

Headsets are a very personal item and what is ideal to one person may not
please the next person at all. The best thing you can do is try out several
and buy the one that's closest to ideal for you.

I tried several and ended up with a DRE-6000 and an Oregon Aero soft top.
For me, that's just about an unbeatable combination. I think that anr head
set sells for about $300.

Good luck,

JimC

om...

Old November 1st 03, 08:52 PM
G.R. Patterson III

clonezone wrote:

Any comments, suggestions, advice appreciated.

Check the Denali and Sennheiser web sites. They may have semi-free trial period
offers, such as Bose does.

George Patterson
You can dress a hog in a tuxedo, but he still wants to roll in the mud.
Old November 2nd 03, 03:11 PM
Thomas Borchert

Clonezone,

As you have already found out, headsets are a very personal thing. Look
for a vendor with a return policy.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 2nd 03, 11:56 PM
Clamer Meltzer

After reviewing many specs etc. I am thinking of the
Denali ANR or the Sennheiser HMEC 400. (which I'll have to
web-order)

Anyone had experience with both? Which did you prefer?
Criterea for me are comfort, fatigue (lack of), clarity of sound,
realistic reproduction of voice. (I'm trying to stay in and around
my $600-ish budget).

Any comments, suggestions, advice appreciated.

Thanks so much.
Regards,

- Aman

I haven't had experience with both, but I bought the Sennheiser HMEC 400 on
the web. I like it, audio is very clear. The only problem I've had is that
the earcups/pads are a bit small. Maybe I should have my ears reduced?
Batterylife is also short at about 9 hours, but there is an adapter to run
it on power from the panel.

Rgds

Clamer Meltzer

Old November 3rd 03, 11:56 PM
Kobra

I just upgraded my DC 13.4S for a Lightspeed Thirty 3G. I compared them to
the DC ANR, Denali and Bose. The Bose were the most comfortable, the
lightspeed was the best ANR and the DC seemed to have the highest quality.
The Denali's had a nice mix of each.

I got the Lightspeeds because they were super quiet and had input for cell
phone and CD/MP3 which works incredibly well. The cell phone input is great
for IFR clearances. The music input is wonderful for VFR xc flying,
especially at night.

Kobra

"Clamer Meltzer" wrote in message
[...]

paint shop recommendations wanted (SE) Stephen N Mills Owning 0 January 29th 04 04:44 PM
Sennheiser ANR Greg Piloting 15 October 15th 03 08:32 PM
Powered paraglider recommendations Mike Warren Aviation Marketplace 0 August 7th 03 02:26 PM
recommendations for a heli school/instructor in nj/ny/pa Bonanza Man Piloting 0 July 14th 03 05:01 PM
Extra Headset recommendations? Mike Z. Piloting 1 June 30th 03 10:02 PM