RAH newsgroup

Old January 20th 05, 05:51 PM
Gig Giacona

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks,Grey, but if you didn't already know about RAH, how would a
newbie know to type in rec.aviation,homebuilt? I originally found this
group by browsing. From what I see, you could never find RAH just by
looking around like before. Maybe I'm wrong. Thanks for the reply.
Neal

What about searching for "Aviation Homebuilt" on the main Goggle groups
page?

Old January 22nd 05, 07:35 AM

Yes !

Neal

Old February 13th 05, 03:14 PM

Personally, I've never found Google useful. I've always come back to
hotbot.com advanced search...

http://www.hotbot.com/adv.asp?prov=Inktomi&tab=web

....with an occasional check of altavista.com...

http://www.altavista.com/

Good hunting.

Dave

Old February 16th 05, 07:15 PM

Gig Giacona wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks,Grey, but if you didn't already know about RAH, how would a
newbie know to type in rec.aviation,homebuilt? I originally found

this
group by browsing. From what I see, you could never find RAH just

by
looking around like before. Maybe I'm wrong. Thanks for the

reply.
Neal

What about searching for "Aviation Homebuilt" on the main Goggle

groups
page?

You can search for "rec.aviation.homebuilt" in the main search
window.

But if you don't know the name of the group you have to find
some group in the "rec." heirachy and then click on the name
"rec.foo...." at the top of the page to get a list of other
groups, then step up or down the heirachy.

The main problem here is finding what is clickable on a webpage
that is pretty busy with lots of distractions.

--

FF

Old February 16th 05, 09:14 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

wrote in message
oups.com...

Gig Giacona wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

If you go to Google Groups and search "Aviation Homebuilt" the very first
thing you see is

Related groups: rec.aviation.homebuilt

Pinckneyville Pix pacplyer Home Built 40 March 23rd 08 05:31 PM
Newsgroup problem Morgans Home Built 21 December 9th 04 02:30 AM
Garmin Price Fixing Post from other newsgroup TripodBill Home Built 17 August 4th 04 10:42 AM
MORE New Pix of Newsgroup folks & their planes! Jay Honeck Home Built 3 December 6th 03 09:43 PM
ZZZooommm rant latest Kyle Boatright Home Built 181 September 19th 03 03:30 AM