OLC edit

Old August 8th 05, 10:59 PM
Jack

Default OLC edit

Is it possible to correct an OLC entry which shows the wrong date for a flight?

I made two flights, one on 8-5 and the other on 8-6. Both show up on the OLC
site as being made on the 6th, and during overlapping time periods. The
begin- and end-time is correct for each, but though it's impossible for both
to have taken place on the same day, the software did not catch the error. I
am not sure where the error entered the data, unless it was just a stray
electron in the upload from the Garmin GPS.

Apparently, both OLC and I will be stuck with obviously erroneous info
unless there is a provision for date correction, but I haven't found it.

Jack
1-26E #588
Old August 8th 05, 11:10 PM
ttaylor at cc.usu.edu

Go to your flight and click on the edit button. You can change the
date there. Remember if your flight ends after 24:00 to type it in as
25:00 etc not 1:00.

Tim

Old August 9th 05, 05:45 AM
Jack

ttaylor at cc.usu.edu wrote:

Go to your flight and click on the edit button. You can change the
date there.

Thanks, Tim.

The results after following your instructions were that the OLC site did not
accept the correction, saying that "the date in the IGC file does not agree"
with the corrected date. Since the IGC file cannot be changed, it looks as
though that flight may have to be deleted in the interests of keeping
accurate OLC records.

Oh well, I'll just have to keep flying. What a huge punishment. ;

Anybody have any idea why an IGC file would show an incorrect date?
Other files from that day and the next show the proper date.

Jack
1-26E #588