enough with the TFR's already

Old August 24th 04, 08:38 PM

Default enough with the TFR's already

i've had it folks. Cheney (Dick right?) is on a bus tour in PA so
everyone has to stop and bow? COME ON MAN! Stop the trucks, cars and
large tricycles too.

these TFRs are getting unsafe and frankly whenever the controllers are
dealing with it they're in a bad mood, unhelpful, and the airspace feels
like dictatorial territory.

ENOUGH!!!!!

Old August 24th 04, 09:02 PM
Andrew Gideon

kontiki wrote:

Agreed. And I'm even more exasperated when TFRs go up for presidential
(and vice-presidential) wannabees.

Has this occurred yet?

- Andrew

Old August 25th 04, 12:54 AM
Jay Masino

Andrew Gideon wrote:
kontiki wrote:
Agreed. And I'm even more exasperated when TFRs go up for presidential
(and vice-presidential) wannabees.

Has this occurred yet?

No. The Kerry campaign hasn't requested any.

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___
Old August 25th 04, 03:19 AM
SFM

"Andrew Gideon" wrote in message
gonline.com...
kontiki wrote:

Agreed. And I'm even more exasperated when TFRs go up for presidential
(and vice-presidential) wannabees.

Has this occurred yet?

- Andrew

No it has not and Senator Kerry has asked that it not happen. All that has
occurred is the typical local traffic restriction at the airport for their
arrival and departure. A very small area is affected and for only a short
period of time but it is not a TFR.

Catch the wave!
www.hamwave.com

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country
and our people, and neither do we." - George W. Bush

-------------------------------------

Old August 25th 04, 06:38 PM
Peter Duniho

"SFM" wrote in message
No it has not and Senator Kerry has asked that it not happen.

Really? Can you document that? I have only seen it reported that the Kerry
campaign has not asked for TFRs. That's subtly (but importantly) different
from specifically asking that they don't occur.

Pete

Old August 25th 04, 07:58 PM
dave

Agreed, it's crazy.

Kontiki - shown some proof or are you playing off that bonehead thread
about waiting in the terminal for Senator Edwards to depart.

As far as I know there haven't been. I even confirmed with flight
service that there aren't any.

Dave
68 7ECA

Old August 26th 04, 05:24 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"SFM" wrote in message

Agreed. And I'm even more exasperated when TFRs go up
for presidential (and vice-presidential) wannabees.

Has this occurred yet?

No it has not and Senator Kerry has asked that it not happen.

Do you have a reference for that?

Old August 26th 04, 07:36 AM
Earl Grieda

kontiki wrote:

Agreed. And I'm even more exasperated when TFRs go up for
presidential (and vice-presidential) wannabees.

Has this occurred yet?

- Andrew

No it has not and Senator Kerry has asked that it not happen. All
that has occurred is the typical local traffic restriction at the
airport for their arrival and departure. A very small area is affected
and for only a short period of time but it is not a TFR.

"On behalf of the hundreds of thousands of pilots who rely on predictable
access to airspace for their flight activities, I want to personally thank
you for your common-sense approach to security in not requesting airspace
restrictions for your campaign travels," AOPA President Phil Boyer wrote in
an August 2 letter to Kerry."

http://www.ilsapproach.com/forum/ind...mes;read=77047